You are here

So... SD apologized....

Jen423's picture

So…. SD20 did apologize. Long story short, it sounds like she talked at length w/ someone she works with who is also a stepmom. Sounds like she was able to gain some perspective that she has never had before and is beginning to understand where I'm coming from. I did point out that the hatred she spewed was not something that just came about on Friday... that it was something that's been brewing for a long time and that she needs to do some soul searching to figure out why she feels that way. And, it will take me a long time to fully recover from what she said to me.

I don't think I gave her the reaction she was looking for. I could tell she was fairly annoyed. And I really didn't care. I did apologize for grabbing her arm and explained it was completely unintentional. So at least I did my "adult" duty there. ha ha
So yah... that's it in a nutshell. Will be interesting to see how things go as we continue along. I am not interested in just pretending that all didn't happen. And if she doesn't like my new attitude (hey! Jen is gonna stand up for herself if it kills her!!!), then she can get the hell out. Husband is fully behind me.

I very much want him to charge her rent. I just don't know if I can get him to agree to it. I don't understand his resistance. I truly don't. But.... ONE STEP AT A TIME. I can't expect him to change overnight. All of this didn't happen overnight. I need continued patience but at the same time I will NOT tolerate being treated like crap by his daughter any longer.
»