You are here

His and Hers don't get along

ks82's picture

My husbands Dad is remarried and they have been married for 7 years he has three boys (Tom 32, Tim 31, and Troy 30) and she has three (Jen 31, John 26, Joey 20) A little back ground history Tom and Troy were raised by there mom. My husband Tim was raised by his dad. Jen is on her third or fourth marriage and has three kids all with different dads(the dad's have custody of the 2 youngest). John was raised by his dad and that all I know about him. Joey grew up knowing my husband's dad as his dad and is the only one that has to do with our side of the family(Hunting, birthday, family reunions). The other two don't call or associated with the family unless they want something.

We are never invited to any of Jen kids birthdays or anything of that nature. So come Christmas we buy presents for Troy and his wife and there 2 kids, Tom and His wife, Joey, and my husbands dad and wife. (We buy presents for all of my brothers and sister and there kids and spouses) We informed my husbands dad that we would not be going to Christmas or any other events that involved Jen due to the fact that her now husband is a drug dealer and just got out of jail on possession charges. We do not want to be associated with that. This year we were told that we have to buy for everyone or no one. Which includes Jen's kids and her husbands kids whom we have never met and John girlfriends kid whom we have never met as well. My husband told his dad we would treat them like family if they acted like family. I have tried to be nice in the past I ran into Jen up town at a store last summer and tried to be nice and say hi and she looked at me and turned around and walked away. After that I said I'm done, they are not my family and I am in no way obligated to make an effort. My husband's Grandpa is remarried as well and they don't make my father-in-law hang out and buy presents for his wife's kids.