You are here

SD wedding plans cancelled. Geez what a surprise!

Shannon61's picture

My back story. SD (27) lived w/DH and I for 3 years and caused me hell. She was mean spirited, lazy and down right evil. I couldn't believe she was my DH's child because he's so different. She did everything in her power to push me out, but I held my ground and she eventually moved out.

She started dating a nice guy (amazes me that they find really nice guys), got engaged and planned a wedding for August of next year. A few weeks ago she had a big engagement party that I didn't attend. After being treated like a piece of shi!@ in the past, I didn't want to be bothered so I made up an excuse.

Last night SD told DH they cancelled the wedding. Her fiance won't return calls to my DH, and SD doesn't want to talk about it. She'll only say they're still getting married, but she doesn't know when. The entire family is devasted. Now the motto to this story is this . . . when you attempt to destroy someone else's marriage you're really destroying your own . .even though you may not be married at the time. The ditch you dig for someone else will also be the ditch for you. To think that you'll stroll through life down a path of roses and rainbows after treating others like Shi!@ is ridiculous. You will always reap what you have sown. SD knows it all, but is clueless about this basic law of life.

I can't wait to see what happens next! Smile

ThatGirl's picture

Perhaps you should offer to help her send back all of the gifts received at her engagement party?

ladymedina777's picture

"when you attempt to destroy someone else's marriage you're really destroying your own . .even though you may not be married at the time. The ditch you dig for someone else will also be the ditch for you. To think that you'll stroll through life down a path of roses and rainbows after treating others like Shi!@ is ridiculous. You will always reap what you have sown"

This is all too true. Maybe that explains why my skids have not had a true meaning full relationship.

Shannon61's picture

She's not coming back here. If she needs a place to live, her BM has a nice home and lives alone . . perfect . .but oh yeah, SD doesn't get along w/her either.

She's not moving back here, nor am I going to live the rest of my life fearful that the baby will want to move back home because she can't deal with real life issues. When you coddle your kids they become weak pathetic adults who can't deal with life on it's own terms and always want someone to rescue them. Not happening.

ownedbypedro's picture

<<>>

YES! My ss, 38 is a prime example of this. I so completely fail to understand how a grown man can not want to come to a point of responsibility and self-sufficiency, but then again, I was never coddled by daddy the way he always was.

And how can a parent WANT that for their kid -- to let them go through life being irrisponsible and always calling up daddy for money to pay their latest bill that they can't pay or whatever.

Dh has even admitted that he knows the puke lies to him and spends money foolishly -- yet he continues to fork it over. I told him when the brat was 20 that he would still be supporting him when he was 40 if he didn't set some boundaries. Looks like I wasn't wrong.

Only now a "skid wife" has been added to the equation - and 3 "skid kids" and dh is supporting all of them. Oh, skid and his wife both have jobs but they have no idea about budgeting and don't want to learn.

I have given dh all kinds of information for them - FREE budgeting classes, FREE help cleaning up their credit, etc. etc. -- oh noooooooo, why should skid and wife have to go sit through a class or do anything to help themselves for that matter, when daddy can just "fix it" every time?

It is the most DISGUSTING situation I have ever seen -- just pathetic.

sandye21's picture

Shannon, This was predictable considering that she gave her future hubby so little attention. You said he was a nice guy. Who knows - maybe he saw the light just in time. I do not want to sound too negative but I will be surprised if this guy moves on to better pastures in the near future. I agree with buttercookie, stick to your guns. Don't let her even 'hint' about moving back.

Shannon61's picture

The bloom is off the rose. I can't tell you the last time her fiance attended a family function. She always shows up alone and makes excuses for him. DH loves it because it gives him a chance to fawn all over her like he hasn't seen her in years.

I think her fiance is sick of her entitled attitude and is finally starting to see the selfish, spoiled monster daddy has created. She probably wants him to kiss her behind and cater to her like daddy did. Clearly she's dillusional!