You are here

SD applied for a job where I work!

evilicious says I quit steppin's picture

Got called into the manager's office today. I work for a major retailer in the malls. A few days ago, one of SD's friends got hired by my company to work in the ladies department. I work in the fine jewelry department as I am older and have a good credit background and no criminal record.

It seems that SD put in for a job, and listed me as a reference. I told the truth. She has very light fingers and has no problems stealing from family, let alone the workplace. I told my manager that she had been "let go" by another mall retailer for having tills that consistently came up $15-20 short.

In all of my retail years, I have never had a till go short over $1.00, and retail is my specialty. My manager flat out asked if she should give SD a go at it. I replied honestly and said NO.

I am sorry that SD's job was only for the summer, but damn. She could have stayed at her retail job if her greed and issues hadn't caused her to be let go. We would not have worked in the same department, but sometimes I get placed in others because of my retail experience. Hell, I was in ladies yesterday and mens the day before.

On a funny note....when I worked with her friend yesterday, she kept giving me the side eye. I said, FIRSTNAME, I know you....you were fr-enemies with SD. She said...OMG you are SD's mom. I replied with "Nope. I was her stepmom. She no longer lives with my family and I am done with her." Friend said, "She kind of pissed a lot of people off with how she acted." I said, "Yup. She cut her own throat, and I hope that you are doing better than she is." Friend said, "I am pregnant, and I need to save money for my baby and my wedding after it is born."