You are here

Promiscous step daughter in law! Help

oncechoosetosmile's picture

I can't believe I am back here after a loooong break of a few years .I left this forum shortly after I broke up with my ex who was a disney dad with a mini wife, lol. Anyway, I am with a lovely (relatively normal Smiling) man since quite a while now and we will get married in October!! He has 5 lovely kids , all grown up and left.Two of my boys (12 and 15) live with us most of the time (adore him) whereas my dd is nearly 20 and lives with her bf.
So, the issue are NOT his kids or mostly not his behaviour but his disgraceful daughter in law (his oldest sons partner).Even before I met his whole family, my future DH told me how wonderful his oldest and his gf are.Soooo sucessful and doing so well.So I was really looking forward to meet them a few years ago.Especially her , since he spoke so fond of her and how desperately she wanted to meet me.Huh.All bullshit.Even the first time I saw her, she was trouble.You know, one of these embarrassing moments where you run up to someone to greet that person and you get the icey looks and the cold shoulder.That arready really confused me but in the month to come she turned out to be exactly the way she came across the first moment.I tried so many times having a nice conversation , reaching out to her, but she ignored me just to a point where other ones could not visibly notice it , but it was clear to me she didn't wanted me there.A few month in the relationship Itried to bring it up with DH , and he only told me she would be "defensive of the family", which confused me as she is not more of a family member than me.What does give her the right to be like that .It almost felt she was jealous and I stole her position in his family, which is sick.to be honest she is quite overweight and I might have been a threat.Whatever.Since DH and his oldest are really close i happened a few tmes that we went away with them on short holidays and I felt it got harder and harder to cope with the situation.She gets always very physical with DH , hanging on him , excessively hugging etc.and I feel this is out of place.Now you will ask me , how DH reacts.Sadly enough he played her game for a long time returning the hugs and patting her head etc until I told him I find it deeply inappropriate.He got offended (since he feels it is innocent) but slowly got better in considering my feelings.At least sometimes.
We have moved to a beautiful new place now and when she comes over I feel she wants to put her fingers into everything here, it feels as if she wants to be me, hard to explain.She helps herself in my kitchen, asked me for the entry code to get in (she is so direct and upfront me idiot gave it to her , but will change that code, gosh!!!!).I feel VERY uncomfortable when she is there.I feel especially bad because my DH still doesn't see it the way I see it and I am worried he will not back me up if I need to put her back in her place.
But the worst thing is to come.And at the end of the day it proved that she is exactly as bad as I knew she was, but she camouflages it usually well when others are there.
We had on the weekend a BIG housewarming and birthday party (my birthday) here.Lots of guests, friends and some clients.Anyway, everyone had a great time , a litle band played, people were dancing.She was there, too.Her bf , DHs son felt sick and went home early, but she stayed.She got drunk and really promiscous towards most of the man on the party, omg.It got so bad that she started to dance in the middle of the room, lifted up her dress and showed all the men her XXXl butt with her tanga .Since she is not the most attractive girl, she didn't get the attention she expected, so she kept on dancing lasively and facing directly my DH and turning then to lift her dress again.I felt so sick, he just laughed and turned away and hugged me.
You have to understand that inspite of people being drunk and a little silly, nobody was so unclassy and horrible.I was so mortified.Anyway, YES, it got worse.Some people left so she followed them , ran up our stairs where a glas window can be seen from the entrance area.When I went to farewell the guest and turned around I saw her sticking her fat naked butt against that window for DH and all other man to see it,it was simply horrible.
so when she came down and tried to hang on DHs neck again I approached her and asked her for boundaries which made her whinge that she enjoyed the party until that moment.And whinged I told her to leave, which I didnt.My god.What shall I do???????

Overit1960's picture

Sounds like this girl is trying to be the Queen of all, with your SS and your DH too. Very inappropriate, and if I were in your place I would be very unhappy.

I think another sit down with your DH is in order, change the entry code and suggest a change in demeanor when you deal with this one. Change the demeanor ever so slightly toward her, not so nicey nice, not so pleasant, not so girlfriend-y. Be very direct and to the point, not warm and welcoming. Let her know that YOU are the one in charge of your own home, and her antics are not welcome. Sounds like she is good at games, I bet she will catch on. It she makes a smart comment, make one back... let her know you can't be bested.

DH also needs to not encourage the clingy behaviour. That would send me over the edge... Hands off!

Overit, thanks very much.I am really worked up about it all. I think because she is a pro game player (a lawyer btw, lol)she will make herself the victim.She already tried that when I told her (the first time ever) clearly that she needs to have some boundaries and she ran off and told some guests I told her to leave, which I didn't .She even squeezed out some tears.That bad bad Oncechoosetosmile, who doesn't like her to have fun and wiggle her broad arse in her SO's face.....too bad.I am an idiot for having been so nice for so long.And yes, SO should not tolerate it either.Disgusting, promiscious - in our house :(((((

Overit1960's picture

Just because she is a lawyer and may have a retort for you on the tip of her tough... have your own ready for her - remember YOU are the real adult here. She is acting like a spoiled braty kid.

Sounds like she might be a boozer and gets out of control easily... very attractive to have those around at parties! :sick:

Rags's picture

You enjoyed the party until she started flashing her cellulite covered ass to all of YOUR guests. Tell her that next time. You were not wrong, she needs to be ostracized from the family from this point forward IMHO.

Next time take pics and video of her antics on your phone and post them to FB linking her to the pics. See how her law firm peers take to her extremely compromising antics.

Do not let any manipulation or under-the-breath snarky comment go unchallenged. Do as Overit recommends. If she gets lippy, you cut her off at the knees in front of anyone present.

"What was that? If you have something to say rather than make an under breath comment just say it so all can hear it. Why don't you have the courage and character to share your toxic comments?"

I really should have taken pictures !!!!! I suppose inspite of already knowing how she is like I was too shocked ! Yes- I am preparing for answering back appropriately, trust me! I feel so disrespected!!!!

Most Evil's picture

It sounds like she has a drinking problem - taking her clothes off at a housewarming party?? I would not invite her again to a party situation Sad I would be offended too!!

furkidsforme's picture

I think you come off as the one with a problem. Why is it so necessary to mention again and again that she is FAT??? Who cares?!?!?!

What are you, Ms. America? If this lady is an attorney, and you are dating her boyfriends father, then you are at least 50+. My point is, you are not likely winning any prizes in the beauty division.

Why on earth is the behavior of your partners sons girlfriend getting you THIS riled up?

I think you are a busy body that needs to worry more about what YOU are doing and less about what SHE is doing. So what, she got drunk and embarrassed herself. That should bother her and her SO, NOT YOU.

Disneyfan's picture

I have to agree with Furkids.

The woman's actions would bother me. However, the fact the future husband isn't bothered by it at all would be more of an issue for me.

Thats why I posted . If he would have been not just left it to me I would feel much better.

Yeah I know ! I haven't been over trying for a while , but did at the beginning!silly me.

ChokinOnLemonz's picture

What, LF? You don't appreciate some grand hippo strip teases at your family get togethers?

Shit, Thanksgiving isn't complete for me until someone at LEAST 540 pounds twirks her thonged ass over the turkey!!!

Social snobs!

Make it rain, bitches! Make it rain

Rags's picture

Oh hell no! :jawdrop:

If anyone pulled that shit in my home at a party in front of my invited guests it would be game on. Pseudo family or not. I would invite everyone back for an appology party complete with life size cut outs of the stripper/lawyer in a variety of her previouse party poses and ass barring antics. Games would include Pin the Cow Tail on the Heffer, Pick the scum sucking bottom feeder and the fish with the choice of a picture of a cat fish or the GF attorney, etc....

The guest list would include everyone but the previous events main attraction of course.

The OP is not the one with the problem in this situation, that title is exlusively held by the broad cellulite covered ass of the bovine-esque (both physically and behaviorally) attorney GF of SS.

IMHO of course.

Absolutely! I need to have another chat with DH. Just trying to choose the right words.

Now I had a big fight with SO about it.He had no issues with her behaviour.I just can't believe it .He wants me to talk to her because I am "the one with the problem". He is angry with me now.Seems ike some of you are actually right in their assumptions about him.I feel very down now and disappointed.

Man, you are funny, stepaside.I have strong anxiety talking to her, especially now that SO indicated he did not even have a problem with her doing that and suggested I should just ignore her bullshit.Someone said here I should have my own boundaries and that is probably what I need to do now since he is kind of blaming me to be the one with the problem .Maybe that rude poster fur-something - whoever- who blames me as well for being not funny enough and him are buddies, lol?! I just feel alone and shit.

Overit1960's picture

Hey oncechoosetosmile, I understand. Trust me, you are not alone. There is always going to be an unsupportive response. Human nature.

Ohsoconfused's picture

If you are going to stay with your SO, then you will have to simply limit her presence in your home. Is it really worth confronting her, not likely, because it's not going to change her. I would just not invite her to any more parties, and certainly change the code on your locks. If she protests, just calmly respond that given her past behaviour you are not good with her being around your friends.

She sounds like she has an alcohol problem. It's a difficult situation when the person has a high intelligence along with a personality disorder...and is insecure about their fugliness into the bargain. Your SO no doubt sees this, knows it cannot change, and would rather just not get involved. He probably thinks you are wasting your time trying to change things...and perhaps you are.

The larger issue for you is your SO's tolerance of the bad behaviour. I had an SO like thta..couldn't stop mentioning how attractive his DIL's arse was, and even talked about how he liked walking behind her. I found that just creepy, not from jealousy, just from the view that a fugly old fart would actually think it acceptable to verbalize his fantasies to other people! He had no dignity, and it's hard to feel respect for such men.

Yuk!! Suppose that would be worse:-(( think the main issue is that he wants to stay out whereas my idea of loyalty is that he should stand by my side . Because I would do that :-(((

In all fairness , when she put on her show he turned away and put his arm around me , just rolled his eyes . SHe is not really that type of girl who attracts men easily, and he certainly wasn't into the game she was playing . Still, I find it so disrespectful against me and my home and the fact he doesn't back me up only because he doesn't care what she is up to, does hurt.

sandye21's picture

Next time she comes over have your camera ready. Get the wide angle out for the dress lifting and a lot of unflattering shots. Then make her copies when she is sober. Then she can see what she did and what she looks like when she is drunk and obnoxious.

Bummer I didn't do that !!!!!!!!!!!!! I was too shocked to come up with anything clever like that !!!!!!

shes driving me crazy in my retirement's picture

That behavior on the step-daughter to be is totally unacceptable. Certainly she has a drinking problem, but showing off her butt like that is, well, I have no words for it.

You are quite right to be disgusted with her. I mean it was YOUR party and there were guests, family as well as clients. I am certain you are embarrassed by her behavior, but take a step back and realize the behavior is hers, she embarrassed herself.

I can understand you being upset, and you have every right.

It would have been nice if your SO would have stepped in and stopped her from displaying herself, you know, taking her aside and start to try to get her to sober up.

Yes i agree. Thanks for sharing my Perspektive like do many here. It is so obviously offensive - I don't get how anyone could suggest it is ok .or worse , pointing at me being the one with the problem . ...