You are here

i need help with adult stepparenting

Issy21izie's picture

don't know where to start, but its been a long history... I have been married for 22 years and have 2 S.S. and 7 SG. My only Bio D. died of a liver disease in the year 2000. I feel me and my Husband have a great time together. the problem I have is with BM she has always created problems from the moment i met her. I guess they had a terrible marriage and she walk out and left him with the kids, and when I met him I moved in and we where married 6 months later. My daughter was alive then. My hubby work real hard to raise them the best that he could and when I came in the picture I help him bring meals in bought new furniture went grocery all the time to feed them, we both work full time jobs. i had to get S.S out of bed every morning to finish high school, . One time the oldest one was mad at me and threw hanger but miss, next thing he was out of the house, BM call 6 times and yelling and hanging up on me. that was what i was dealing then. Now about 2 years ago BM was being the perfect grama and could do know wrong in the eyes of Sd and kids.I was trying to mend things with her until she pulls that she wants to go on Vacation with me and hubby, her excuse was to take care of the GK, i refuse to let that happen and now all hell breaks loose, she had turn everybody on her side including his family against me. I felt like an out cast everytime i was around she was always paying for things and getting the best gift at christmas when i will always provide gifts and not getting anything back. The problem was recently my husband reach a mile stone and i wanted to have the party at SS house because it was bigger then mine , S.S agree to it then change his mind at the last min. he said the wify was going to have a party for her niece, instead of her Father in law . i went ahead to make plans and have it at my house. the same time they were going to have the nieces party. (hint) don't come?! But the D In law came with her mother drunk and made a foo out of herself and started again to prove she was right and I was wrong and had the family on her side again,Next couple of days another birthday party for The GK at pizza i wasn't cool down yest. BM was there her Man was there and started stirring up the pot about why they wern't in vited to my husban birthday??? Wanted my daughter in law to sit by me . I said hell no ! How dared disresected me in my house. I admit i was in the wrong by jumping on at a place where my grands kids could hear what I was telling her, then sodas and beers where flying everywhere like a free for all. But i finally got everythiing out and the only thing I regret is because i don't know if I will ever have a relationship with the grands kids again. i warned my husband along time ago that they are really pushing my buttons , i don't know how i should apolyized or say sorry!!! it was a long time coming and ten years of grief over my one in only.

Anon2009's picture

I'm so sorry about your daughter Sad

You're not obligated to do anything for your husband's kids. Let him be the one to buy gifts for them and plan things for them.

I think once you stop doing things for these inconsiderate people, you'll feel a lot better.

Issy21izie's picture

Smile Thank You That really feels so good to hear someone say that! I'm really trying to stay out of there life now and slowly buy surely it's starting to feel good, I feel freedom. Dirol