You are here

Part of me wants to call SD out further...I need advice

sickofbs8's picture

So my stepdaughters (18,22) and step granddaughter came over on Christmas Day...for their money and gifts of course. Then on the 26th I ran to the store. I was in line and I heard kind of loud talking a bit of a commotion and I noticed SD22 with her grandma and my step grand. They had accidentally got in line without seeing me and the scurried to get away to a different line hoping I wouldn't notice ...I suspect. As they were walking my stepgrand said "grandma". So....I called out to SD22. It took twice yelling out her name. She looked up frowned and waved and looked back down. I know my hubbys kids are supposed to ignore him in public if they are with their mommy or her family...but I have no part of this. He has been divorced for 10 and I have only been in the picture for 5. Furthermore, he gives the Christmas cash and I do anything that is wrapped. I told him what happened and he said that is to be expected. I'm not really hurt. They aren't particularly nice and I'm not attached...but I am insulted and feel a bit used. I also think someone should parent the brat...I have nothing to lose pointing out why that behavior is unacceptable.

What does everyone else think? Is this common? Any advice or thoughts would be welcome

ldvilen's picture

What is this about?: "I know my hubbys kids are supposed to ignore him in public if they are with their mommy or her family"? Sounds like another way for someone to treat dad and his wife or SO as cattle-fodder, if you ask me.

Really?, rather than just say "Hi" back, they are running out of the line/store trying to escape you!? The more I think about it, this is actually kinda' funny. It just shows how deranged some people are when it comes to dealing with the steps.

And, NO, it is not to be expected. Pa needs to start insisting on respect for himself and for you vs. letting his ex- or whomever set the rules for him.

Acratopotes's picture

I would not care less.... if I'm in a shop and Aergia is there, if she does not greet me so be it, honestly I will not greet her first.... I will simply pretend I did not see her

still learning's picture

ss30 tried to dodge me in the store once and I called out was friendly to him and the woman he was with and even gave him a hug. I had no idea who he was with but I'm sure it was harder to convince her what a *b* I was after our interaction. I could tell he was uncomfortable but I truly believe in killing 'em w/kindness }:)

Rags's picture

I am sorry to say but your husband and his "it is to be expected" lack of balls is the problem.

Rather than accept this behavior as expected he needs to grab a big handful of nuts and come down on his spawn and their maternal clan like a ton of shit in a 1gal ziplock.

That he tolerates this crap is the problem. The solution is zero tolerance. You should not accept this behavior from your SKids and that side of their family and you should not tolerate the "it is to be expected" lack of balls from your husband.

He needs to destroy this behavior with zero tolerance himself.

IMHO of course.

Good luck.