You are here

Not sure what to think

sickofbs8's picture

So my stepdaughters (18,22) and step granddaughter came over on Christmas Day...for their money and gifts of course. Then on the 26th I ran to the store. I was in line and I heard kind of loud talking a bit of a commotion and I noticed SD22 with her grandma and my step grand. They had accidentally got in line without seeing me and the scurried to get away to a different line hoping I wouldn't notice ...I suspect. As they were walking my stepgrand said "grandma". So....I called out to SD22. It took twice yelling out her name. She looked up frowned and waved and looked back down. I know my hubbys kids are supposed to ignore him in public if they are with their mommy or her family...but I have no part of this. He has been divorced for 10. Furthermore, he gives the Christmas cash and I do anything that is wrapped. I told him what happened and he said that is to be expected. I'm not really hurt. They aren't particularly nice and I'm not attached...but I am insulted and feel a bit used.

What does everyone else think? Is this common? Any advice or thoughts would be welcome.

sickofbs8's picture

That was my first thought was that I'm not playing that game...and she can't hurt me because I know not to care. But what I do care about is lying and manipulating and game playing nonsense. If I'm good enough to be buying presents...visiting on Christmas Day...and keeping her child for overnights. She dang well should be acknowledging me no matter who is there. Totally classless, spineless behavior.