You are here

Our Wedding

sherwoodforest's picture

was small and intimate. Wonderful, really.

Until the gifts were presented. Middle step daughter gave us a picture of her and her new husband together with sibs and their partners.

It would have been a nice gift, had it not been a wedding photo taken at her wedding. Everyone was dressed in their wedding garb. Big fat wedding dress and all.

As she presented it to us, we were standing in front of all of our guests. The photo is gigantic, 12 x 8, and with the frame it measures even larger.

Typical dominant maneuver.

Should be just one female in a wedding dress at a wedding. No???
I could have crawled under the table. Instead, I put on my gracious Queen Elisabeth smile and neither dh or I said a word.....

Just when I think aeverything has reached an adult level, seems something happens to remind me that it will never happen. Unbelievable.

zerostepdrama's picture

Who gives a pic of themselves for someone else's wedding? Its all about the new couple. What a freakin joke. She made herself look dumb....

Orange County Ca's picture

Congratulations. I'm glad you took the high road at the wedding, now you can put it in the bottom of your husband underwear drawer.

sherwoodforest's picture

Thanks for the Congrads. DH and I have been together for 7 1/2 years, we're both 52. Decided to trust a second marriage, feels really good. Smile

Regarding the "gift", I'm laughing my ass off here.

Garage, yep. Probably on the outside of the garage. Oops, it's raining...

sandye21's picture

For her anniversary, send her a LARGER picture of you and DH at your wedding. Or take the frame, place your own wedding picture in it, and display it where she will immediately see it when she enters your house. Be sure to thank her for the lovely picture frame, "Oh, it was just right!"

hereiam's picture

Yes, please do replace that picture, provided you like the frame. If not, Goodwill is always looking for donations.

positivelyfourthstreet's picture

Dad got big old wedding pic for Christmas from SD.

I didn't attend due to months of increasing ugliness on her part.

The picture is meant to remind dad how awful I was not to attend or domething I guess.

Thi "wedding" picture has dad, BIL, bride and my bios but NO GROOM!

Just another little subtle shit disturbing dig on her part.

I have it proudly displayed in the dining room.

I just ignore it.

It serves as a daily reminder of just how petty and tacky she is.

I eat dinner right in front of it and if I happen to notice it I just roll my eyes.

Of course when she gave it to us I made sure I gushed over what a lovely gift it was andput it right out there right away.

I'm sure that is not the reaction she was aiming for.

ItHasGottenBetter's picture

I dutiful put up pics of the skids, but they are taking up the space of newer adorable grandkids pics.

simifan's picture

"Whoops I was cleaning the frame & the pic fell in the shredder"... Keep practicing until you can say it without laughing.

sherwoodforest's picture

It will be very interesting to see how this "present giving" thingy continues.

I think I'll go back to disengaging. ...to every season, turn, turn, turn....or however that song goes.

Carry on Steps. Will be in touch.