You are here

No call on Fathers Day from his son, now a Birthday Party for selfish son

chickadee1444's picture

So son doesn't call his dad on Fathers Day.Daughter is now planning a party for her brother and expects daddy to be there.I will not be, but Husband is planning on going.Going to your inconsiderate sons BD party after 2 years of not being recognized on Fathers Day is a big thing with me.If my son did that I would not even consider attending. Isn't it time to teach sonny a lesson? Love goes both ways. I feel my husband is afraid his son will get mad at him.
When I had was planning a party for my daughter and his, I was told you only have parties on special Birthdays like #16 #21 #40 etc, but now it's his sons birthday and the rules change.

chickadee1444's picture

Thanks for your comment..you're right..not EVER planning anything for his again..from now on MY 4 kids and grandkids come first...at least they appreciate me and say thank you !

sandye21's picture

This is the second year in a row that SD had not sent a card or phoned DH for Father's Day. I disengaged a year and 1/2 ago. SD and her hubby went ballistic after I asked them (nicely) to speak up. They had been having little mumbling sideline conversations while in the car with us or even sitting next to one of us on the couch - all of the time. For this I was blamed for making them "uncomfortable". When I tried to enlist some sort of support from DH he ran out the door. My hunches are usually pretty good. I had the feeling that later on during her visit, DH had given SD the impression he was going to be leaving me. He threatened to leave off and on for most of the marriage but I finally started saying, "So leave." So for the last year and 1/2 SD has not once acknowledged DH - for his birthdays, Father's day, Christmas, and has not returned any of his calls. So now he is having to deal with it. And even though I think it is a bit thoughtless of SD, I have a hard time finding any pity for DH - he dug his own hole - and not once supported me in front of his daughter. I am truly NOT spiteful, we actually get along fine. But I believe it was his responsibility to inform SD she is to act like an adult. He has been shirking this for as long as I've known him. He has to be the one to reconnect with his daughter . I can not understand why he is afraid to confront SD - it appears he has nothing to lose. I do not have any objections to him visiting her whenever he wants but as long as he does not insist she respect me in our home, she will not be allowed to enter it.

momof5_1969's picture

We have the same identical issue except with my SD22. She has not acknowledged Father's Day two years in a row, but yet if my DH was to not acknowledge her birthday - all hell would break loose and he would be the crappiest Dad alive. I cannot stand her. Like many others, I have disengaged from her. I did nothing last year for her birthday -- my DH threw her a little BD party, which I think is stupid, but whatever. I left and went to a friend's house. This year, not sure what I'll do. We'll see what DH decides to do. i told him not to sign my name to her stupid card. I want no part of her anymore. If she does a complete about face and starts to behave like a human being, then I might consider it, but as far as I'm concerned, she can just go away.

Two of my other skids are also irritating, not as bad, but if they were to go away, I would not be sad either. By go away, I mean move away, btw.

Texas_Pete's picture

I have been in those shoes and in some respects I still am.. But he's doing the right thing,, sometimes being dad isnt what its cracked up to be... You have an honorable husband.. I think respect is the lesson hes trying to teach his son.. Let him keep at it, the world could use more people like that..

chickadee1444's picture

If his 36 year old son hasn't learned respect by now, he never will.My husband is being ussed..His son has visited us 3 times in a year and a half..he has driven right by our house.He spend fathers Day with his father in law (he has a boat)you can bet if something happens to dad, he and his sister will be here to get his motorcycle, truck and anything else of value.They are his POA and executors.I don't think his son deserves anything.Hubby is so afraid his kids will be mad at him, that all he does is cater to them.There are no consequences for bad behavior..