You are here

Looking forward to letting my guard down after SD moves out

Shannon61's picture

SD (27) went away for the weekend w/BM for a family wedding. DH and I have been over the moon spending time alone, not being on guard for the front door to open at any given moment, and not have SD sitting around the house watching tv like a little old lady, wearing a mask of contempt, and listening to our conversations.

We haven't had this much fun in years because we're rarely alone for the entire weekend. We actually felt like newlyweds. We were able to sleep w/the bedroom door open for a change, and walk around totally relaxed. I can't wait until this becomes the status quo in a few weeks. I hadn't even realized how the lack of privacy had made me so uncomfortable in my own home until now. Nobody should have to go through that. We're looking forward to rekindling our intimate relationship because SD living here killed that too.

So tonight when SD returns, I'll have to pretend to be interested in her trip and happy to see her. And I know DH will act like she's been gone for 2 years. But I've vowed to keep my mouth shut as I count down to the big move day. At this point, I'm on cruise control.

inneedofanswers's picture

I just dont understand why she is 27 and still living with you in the first place................. I would have got her to move out about 8 years ago!

Shannon61's picture

StepAside, thanks for the heads up. I'll be ready for anything she has in her arsenal of foolishness. After living with her for the past 3 years, I feel I can deal with anything.

I'm also counting on DH to set her straight if she's starts her games again. We had a problem w/her telling him I didn't like him and he used to throw it at me everytime we had an argument . . until I ran down a laundry list of things she'd done to me.

I'm also hoping she'll be too consumed with adjusting to her new place, planning her wedding and trying to create a life with her fiance, to start her antics again. But at the end of the day, I think she realizes that she's no match for me and the last thing she wants to do is see or feel my wrath.

Shannon61's picture

I'll expect it from her because of her vindictive nature. To tell the truth, I'm more concerned about her moving back home for whatever reason. Then I'll be forced to move out because I can't do it again. Her calling w/some hard luck story and DH taking the bait, is my biggest fear.

witsend71's picture

That sounds wonderful. I wonder if that will ever happen to me....
SD24 (has disabilities) is with us 75 hours a week now. She's moving next door w/ BM and BM's SO in a year or two. Hopefully, DH will ask SD and BM to call ahead before they pop in.

Shannon61's picture

I'm hoping that once she moves out and the dynamics change, our relationship will improve. Not saying we'll ever be best friends, but I'm hoping she'll grow into a better person.

frustratedstepdad's picture

It really is amazing how having adult stepchildren living with you can completely sabotage your sex life with your spouse. It used to suck having intimacy be reduced to once a week or once every 2 weeks, and having to be very quiet. I've finally gotten so sick of having SD21 living with us that I now just don't give a damn. Whenever we're intimate I make SURE the headboard is hitting the wall and the mattress is creaking. This is pretty much my only way of getting back at SD21, and hopefully it starts to disgust her enough to want her own place. }:)

Madamx28's picture

LOL, we do something similar. We start talking about having sex in front of his 23 year old son, talking about what position we may use, where we choose to do it etc. It doesn't really matter if we actually intend to carry these out, our goal is to try and make the kid as uncomfortable and awkward as possible so that he understands just what an intrusion he really is.

Shannon61's picture

We had more fun when we were single and I feel like now our sex life is the punch line to some cruel joke of nature.

I also feel ackward does indeed work. But DH would be embarrassed to do talk about it . .let alone do it so I had to resort to other tactics . . like taking DH to the bedroom and closing the door when SD would leave the house, so when she returned and found us in the bedroom, she's get the message. It took her a while, but she finally got the hint.

Sweetnothings's picture

When SD21 left 2 years ago, I planned a few saucy things for DH and I and surprised him a couple of times when he came in from work.....he LOVED it.....just so much fun to be free, having fun around the house !!
That should read having free, naked fun around our house !!!

winehead's picture

Yeah, this is my BD. Just shows up, or at least did until one time she came buy when we were otherwise engaged. In the living room. She calls first now. Hahahah.

Shannon61's picture

She'll be close by, but I'm going to put my foot down about her just "dropping by" without notice. It's called consideration. We could be in the middle of anything, have company, etc. I hope she's not that clueless.

Shannon61's picture

I'm hoping for this same case scenario, that we'll be engaged in some fun and games! I'm praying she'll be much too busy with her own life to want to just "drop in." Am I asking for a little too much here?