You are here

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

toywas's picture

A very sincere Happy New Year to you and your family and everyone else!

I sincerely wish the best for each of you!

I want you to know that coming to this site I feel loved and I hope you feel the same!

I have shared tears, experiences (more than you can ever imagine), and laughs.

This is my on-line family and I love what you always bring to me!

I wish each and everyone of you a happy, healthy, and safe new year!

I know we are not blood related, but you are my family. I have vented and cried more with you than anyone I know. Life should NOT be this hard being married to a man/woman who had a family before us (I'm still trying to figure this one out!)

Always wishing you the best!!!

Toywas

Amber Miller's picture

Hi Toywas,
Happy new year. What a lovely post. Yes, we are all bonded by our common experiences with our blended families. I'm too happy I found this site. You all have offered me support and it's cheaper than seeing a therapist (which I admittedly still do). Well, I'm looking forward to this next year and I hope you all are too; no matter what we are going through. We are always here for each other!

toywas's picture

keep up with your laughs, my dear! I definitely need them as well as everyone else!

I'll keep you posted - the party is this weekend!

Amber Miller's picture

I will keep up the laughs; thank you! You're one of the posters that makes me laugh a lot so thanks for keeping a smile on my face. Let us know how the party goes. I'm still hoping for a snow storm for you.

SugarSpice's picture

a happy new year to you, too, toywas! hugs all around!

as i speak, sd is taking up the whole couch and watching the telly with dh. she has no where else to go. she thought she was the life of the party when she moved out (we were not on speaking terms after she cursed at me) to live with young friends. now she is here as if nothing happened. she is watching and cackling out loud.

aren't young people in their 20s supposed to be partying with their freinds on new year's eve, and then sleeping in late after the party ends? she has no friends.

so i retreated to my computer room to escape. much happier here and i will emerge when she leaves.

toywas's picture

Happy New Year, Sugar! I can relate - the golden eggs will be here this weekend acting like nothing ever happened these past 12 years.

Young kids home with parents on New Years Eve? There's a problem there!

Good luck!

Thanks for everything in 2013; 2014 will be better for all of us!

sandye21's picture

Happy New Year to you too! I agree - this has been like a family but a bit different in that we truly understand when blood family members don't always seem to. This site saved my sanity 3 years ago when I first joined it and has given me the strength to change my life for the better. Thank you so much!!!