You are here

Excited! New house!

grace8205's picture

I am excited about our new house that we are downsizing to. It's a 4 level split with only 2 bedrooms upstairs (one will be our home office) only 2 bathrooms, a spare bedroom in the 4th level. So much less to keep care of.

Currently we have 4 beds, 4 baths, a den , 3 family/ tv rooms and a formal living room. Too much space for 2 people and enough space that others think they should move back in.

The added bonus is skid has never lived in the new place so it will not (hopefully) feel like home to him. Not enough room for skid to move back with a pregnant GF in tow, not that this is the case but want to close that door all together.

We take possession on Thursday! Just need to sell the big house before me move into the small house.

SMforever's picture

That 's great for you to downsize. Also a chance to clear out some clutter.

I'm thinking it may be wise to not point out the existence of a spare bedroom on the 4th floor to SS, since if I were homeless with a pregnant GF, it would look like a place to live. Maybe best to quickly think of a use for it and fill it with your hobby stuff. And let DH inow how much your love having a hobby room.

SMforever's picture

We have downsized to,a 3 bed bungalow with a walled garden. We live in Europe, so it is not a small.house by local standards, but compared to my ginormous house stateside, it's like a shoebox. So liberating not to have much housework to do, just vacuum round and go to the beach. And skids would never have the chance of staying...I have the spare rooms filled with my wardrobes, sewing machine, sports equipment...thats the way to reclaim your turf. Skids just come for a meal then buzz off.

Maxwell09's picture

Have an office and then make the spare bedroom into a hobby space or a sitting room for yourself. Make sure your husband understands that it' has its purpose and that purpose isn't skid related.

Dontfeedthetrolls's picture

There's always room if you allow it. My sister moved back in with my dad. Current my dad has one room and my sister with her boyfriend and their two children share the other room.

still learning's picture

It may not feel like home to skid but he will see it as "Dad's" house and there is a spare room. Hopefully you and DH have already discussed the issue of adult children moving in or staying till they *get on their feet.*

sandye21's picture

Congratulations! The Skids still might try to move in but every time he does tell him you have visitors tentatively scheduled to stay. Good luck.

sammigirl's picture

Congratulations! Begin moving immediately and store all your boxes in the extra bedrooms! No room for beds (for now).