You are here

Does Anyone Receive Those Picture Collage Christmas Cards From SK's?

MissTexas's picture

A friend told me she used to get those every Christmas from the adult SK's until she decided to do the same thing. Once she sent pictures on a card of just her and DH to everyone (including his "kids") they suddenly came to a screeching halt on sending them her way!

SD has them sent out by another person each year. She cannot be bothered with sitting down and actually addressing the envelopes or placing stamps on them. There's never even a personal message to anyone, JUST PICTURES OF HER!

Anyone else?

hereiam's picture

That's just weird.

My SD wouldn't be bothered to even think of sending us a card (with or without a picture), much less do it.

Dovina's picture

Yes we got a rather large picture  framed of the princess her DH and the baby princesses and prince for xmas...cause all I really want to do is look at the royal family in my home, every damn day. 

Good idea next yr a photo collage for them ...capturing all the special moments of Mr and Mrs Dovina . LOL SD would just LOVE that.

hereiam's picture

Yes we got a rather large picture  framed of the princess her DH and the baby princesses and prince for xmas

Sounds like shed decor, to me. DH can look at it when he gets the mower out, or whatever.

Jcksjj's picture

cause all I really want to do is look at the royal family in my home, every damn day. 

DH received a picture of SD literally dressed up as a princess and I felt exactly the same way. She thinks shes the ruler of the house already, no way am I having a large framed photo of her actually wearing a crown in my house

Jcksjj's picture

I'm assuming the inlaws envisioned it taunting us in the living room daily.

Should I stay's picture

I love this idea ! I got christmas decoration to "grandad' with all 9 names and "grandkids" written on the bottom. I had toyed with the idea of sending 4 separate christmas bobbles to the children of this particular daughter with our two names printed on them hoping she would get the message that I see through her. Is it OK not to put my decoration up on the tree next year I wonder what others think ??

momjeans's picture

When skid was little, skid would hand deliver one to me and DH. Not anymore.

I’m willing to bet, at 13-years-old, BM still has skid do them... doesn’t send one to DH. LOL

I’ve seen them on my in-laws fridge in the past. 

CANYOUHELP's picture

It fixes it, but the card has to be mushy and touchy feely....to work...Select just the right photos too...even after years of "all about me" cards and photo gifts, playing the game back (one time), from the outsider---immediately shuts this mess down. Like magic....

MissTexas's picture

No kidding?

I guess they are as excited about seeing YOU plastered all over thier houses as YOU ARE (not) about seeing THEM all over your home.

After enduring it for years, I'm glad your steps got the message loud and clear!

Might have to give this a try.

sandye21's picture

How nice it was to receive a LARGE photo of SD and her hubby to frame and hang on a wall where everyone would see it but of course, photos of DH and I were temporarily affixed to the refrigerator by a magnet.  LOL  LOL  And I laugh today - because that large photo migrated from the living room wall to a hall wall to behind the hall door wall, and finally found it's permanent place in a box in the closet.  Yes, being disengaged allows us to be honest and respectful to ourselves.  Bring on the new year!

Mountains's picture

So many years ago my DD was raising and showing cattle.  We took a pic with the three heifers with each of us (DH, DD, and me) and used it for our Christmas card cause it was our life at the time.  Weeeellllllllll, SD (60) got her panties in a wad over it only we didn't know till YEARS later!  Lol - that card was sent to over a 100 people...not like we sent it to just her ... since then we don't get squat except a card that was a several days late this year address to "The Mr. Firstname Mountains Family".  Ugh

Rags's picture

Oh yes.  Periodically over the years SS-27 used to get a family picture in the mail of his SpermIdiot, the out of wedlock SpermIdiot breeding womb donor of the month, the three younger out of wedlock SpermIdiot spawned half sibs by two other baby mamas and the womb donor's unrelated prior relationship spawn.  Often the half sibs and the kids unrelated to my SS would be wearing nice clothing stolen from my SS while on SpermLand visitation.

SS would end up throwing away those pics eventually.  He struggles to consider the SpermClan as family. It is really sad.

Sandybeaches's picture

From many people.  I put them up around the doorway just like any other card I get and I also pack them away with the Christmas decorations like every other card I get.  

Treat the pictures just like you would any other card before and after Christmas and never give it another thought!!  ;) 

shes driving me crazy in my retirement's picture

I agree - they are nothing more than "look at me and how great we are" cards.  H. and I got one of those from Twit's sone and his new bride the Christmas after the wedding!  That was interesting, since he was told by Twit's son that he did not want him at the wedding, period.....this after all the Twit nonsense about the wedding that we went through.

And, I even got one from them THIS year which I promptly tore up and thru in the waste.  Honestly, those people have no shame.

IMHO, that kind of thing is only a a:  look at me, look at the waterfall in Hawaii behind me, oh, here we are on horses together, etc.  These are NOT Christmas cards.

MissTexas's picture

line that reads: "Look at me, look at me, look at me now!! It's fun to have fun, but you have to know how!" 

Geeze! I cringe at the site of anything that reminds me of her. I literally feel like I don't know which end of my body to put to the toilet. Do I need to vomit or crap? I can't decide. Who needs to keep  Ipicac syrup (induces vomiting when you've swallowed poison) on hand when you have a "card" that will have the same effect?

Do like my friend did. Print yourself some up. Make sure they're only of you and DH, and get them in the mail nice and early. I might even send it signature confirmation, so I'D KNOW FOR SURE IT WAS RECEIVED....maybe send a drone to capture the moment! LMAO

piegirl's picture

I have never recieved one - don't think we do too much of that across the pond. Should count my lucky stars!!