You are here

belligerent adult stepson

ligonwood's picture

I am at my wits end. Started dating my now husband about 6 years ago, been married three now so i have know these kids for sometime. We started integrating our family and on the whole, it was ok. The BM had custody of the boys, then 8, 14, and 15. I had heard how volatile the BM could be (literally, screaming at top of her lungs over the phone about the kids, my husband, whatever) and she and the middle child would butt heads and have screaming matches regularly. Then she'd kick him out and my husband would go get him. Weekend visitations, they'd have a fight and she'd dump him on her doorstep in as little as 30 min. after leaving. Finally they had a huge blowup when he was 15 and she beat him in the face and uppper body with a heeled shoe. After that social services had to be contacted or my husband could have been in trouble for NOT reporting what had happened. So long and short of it, he came to live with us. Since he is a diabetic and his mom so volatile, and his Dad a physician, his dad could monitor him better here, and manage things like school and such. The years