You are here

And the Pasing SGS against me continues....

Disillusioned's picture

So DH calls his eldest daughter's place recently on SGS's birthday (the actual day not the day the party was held on) and asks if SGS is around

Dh's daughter then says "SGS, Grandpa wants to wish you happy birthday"

DH's says to her "and Disillusioned too"

So SGS comes on the phone all happy saying hello to DH

DH then says "here Grandma Disillusioned wants to say Happy Birthday to you too"

Silence

I go on the phone and say "Happy Birthday sweetheart!"

Silence

.....then after a second the child starts happily rambling away telling me all sorts of things that DH and I could only understand half of Biggrin

As SGS is chatting away excitedly to me DH's daughter cuts in and says "okay enough now" and immediately cuts the kid off

Bitch

Then she continues to chat with DH as if I'm not there

Then DH says how we would like to say good-bye to SGS, she says "SGS, come say goodbye to Grandpa"

Bitch

Some people just never grow up, not even for their kid's sakes Sad

whatamess's picture

You're so right. It's especially despicable when they use a child as ammunition. I've got one just like her.

Disillusioned's picture

I totally agree with you Pilgrim Soul....DH's daughter is not doing this in the best interests of her child at all. She is selfishly interfering in a relationship the child could (and wants) with a loving step-grandparent

But then again, this same girl did nothing but try her damnest to interfere in the relationship between DH and I too

She can't keep her own jealous insecurities separate from destroying the relationships of those of her own blood family

Sad for them, and very sad for her

I'm there for little SGS as much as the child wants me there....I'm fortunate the SSIL is the exact opposite of DH's daughter and SSIL definitely goes against her to encourage a relationship between SGS and I Smile

Disillusioned's picture

Except that time wasn't limited Generic Sad

It only becomes limited if SGS is having a good time talking with me, visiting me, playing, etc.. etc... THEN DH's daughter steps in and puts a stop to it

She's just a nasty }:) person

Generic's picture

Well, then that was just rude and I'm sorry she snubbed you. She's only allowing her pain to hurt her daughter and that's a shame.

Disillusioned's picture

That's exactly what I've done beaccountable....but I'll still vent here about what a bitch she is, that's for sure Biggrin

Disillusioned's picture

You are so right StepAside...in the past when DH has disengaged from her, his daughter came around. The more she sees it's important to DH that she and her child like and accept me, the more she seems to love to let him know that is just ain't happening