You are here

Parental Coordinators in Florida

not_the_momma's picture
Forums: 

Anyone have a court appointed parental coordinator? Any advice on what to do?

As of this point, my DH doesn't have one, but his ex is pushing to have one. We have already spent thousands of dollars an an attorney to protect my DH's interests with the kids (2 SD's). My DH has followed all original orders (BM did not--violated the crap out of the first agreement) and the subsequent agreement reached (again, she hasn't followed the agreement that was based on her terms and in her best interest--not the kids). She hasn't gotten what she's wanted still(which I really think is for me to be gone), so now she is pushing for the coordinator so that she can get what she wants (she wants me to do all the 'work,' but she wants to be MOTY and for everyone to know that she's their mother).

His issues with this are multiple.
1. She WON'T communicate...text, email, phone..always an excuse (we have notebooks full of his written communication that has been ignored). In person, she will walk away if she doesn't want to talk about it.
2. She's in volation of the agreement--and the reasons she wants to go are all because of her violations (not following the agreement has cut her time with the kids in half--all of her own doing).
3. The cost...she already owes him over $5,000 for legal stuff from the originally violated agreement, and he's hired an attorney. If it's court appointed, he has not choice but to go...but to pay half because she won't communicate with him?

P.S. The reason I say she wants me to do all the work is that she has no problem with me shuttling the kids to extra's, picking them up from school, doing homework and projects, and daily routines (making sure they take showers and such) and laundry, but she doesn't want me to "raise" her kids...not sure how that's supposed to work.)