You are here

X wife to the rescue! And I'm left feeling useless.

Mentalgirl48's picture

Log story short..we got ripped off for 1700.00. Bf gave money to someone he met in on CL for a vehicle to take to his camping music trip this weekend. Guy has our money now his phone is disconnected and we have no vehicle. Anyway. Bf and boys scheduled for new York music festival and my car not an option for halling all their shit in. So.. I told him that it looks like he has to cancel his trip this year as we just got ripped off and need to deal with that. Plus now he has no vehicle to get there with. Well don't you know the X wife stepped in and got him and the boys a rental vehicle to take up there now. Wow. On one hand I'm glad to be able to still have the house to myself all weekend but on the other hand once again she upstaged me and took control of the situation. So they are all merrily on their way up to the music festival for the weekend.

And left here angry, because of us being ripped off.. And useless because I could not come up with any solutions to his situation with his music festival gig.. Nor did we have the money to rent a vehicle because some sheep fucker in WV took our money.

Now I'm alone with all of these feelings for the entire weekend.

Mentalgirl48's picture

Sorry for typos.. Can't figure out how to edit.. So I am left here angry is what I meant to say..

Mentalgirl48's picture

It's just too bad.. We have bought and sold so many things on CL and have met the greatest people.. Until this.. It breaks my heart that this person has done this.. Him and his wife... What a pair!

hereiam's picture

His ex is still a major part of his life and family. Of course she came to the rescue. Did she, per chance, go with them?

Change the locks while they are gone. It's your house, yes?

bearcub25's picture

LIke to the no snoring...

DSO went on a camping trip last weekend with his work buddies. I haven't slept that good in a long time.

hereiam's picture

This is just one symptom of the bigger problem: the ex is still a BIG part of her BF's life.

Whether it be going on vacation with them, insisting that Mentalgirl48 watch her boys when BF is out of town, or renting them a car in this situation, ex is always a part of this relationship. A big part.

I do question the Craigslist thing, sounds a bit off.

Mentalgirl48's picture

No.. Scam was done by person in WV... I answered the add so it's not the outrageous story of my BF steeling the money...

Mentalgirl48's picture

Police report yes.. I'm not driving my already old car 200 miles to say surprise... That's stupid. I know exactly where he is at because he is working there...

bearcub25's picture

I can't believe he would spend 1700 on a car to drive that far away. That is more in the line of a beater to drive to work.

I really will try and help you track them down if you give me the city in WV.

bearcub25's picture

LIttle north of me, but I have friends around there...let me see if I can find anything out.

Mentalgirl48's picture

It wasn't just for going to the music festival.. We have needed two cars for many reasons.. As mine has been abused too much and can't be used for hauling stuff at all.

Mentalgirl48's picture

Bf did not steel his own money.. I saw the add and told him about it.. I called the add and talked to the sheep fucker briefly once before he took our money and ran... It was my Bf's money not mine.... Please.. These are the facts..
Yes I'm trying to enjoy my alone time.. And trying to process the whole being ripped off thing and his fucking X wife interfering in our lives again.

BethAnne's picture

Some tips that I hope the police already told you guys: Next time, only give what you can afford to loose as a deposit ($150 - 300) when you test drive the car, then pay the remainder when you go back to collect the car after sorting the insurance etc. And make sure to meet at the sellers home address, (ask to use the bathroom so that you know it is their house). Get them to give you a business card so that you know where they work. That way you have a home and work address should they back out of the deal. Buying cars online is a good way to go, you just have to be cautious.

Forget about BM if she is stupid enough to bail out your BF after he was a fool then let her.

Mentalgirl48's picture

Thank you.. Yes I could not believe he didn't get his address.. Really ran us around telling van wouldn't be ready as he was replacing breaks.. Then he couldn't find the title.. Then family emergency..
That's the last we heard from him.. And his phone has been disconnected for two days now.. Even told us to come out to get keys.. Then refused to give address when we made it to WV.... Wouldn't respond at all... We blew up his phone all day Wednesday and then yesterday we got the message that it is no longer in service.. Sickening.

Orange County Ca's picture

Scams happen all the time off CL. Her boyfriend was the one who didn't exchange for the title and comparing the guys I.D. in his bank before handing over the money. Paying with a cashiers check is good too because contrary to popular opinion one can stop payment on a cashiers check.

Anyone can get scammed, I got scammed for $25 bucks off a Pennysaver ad pre CL and the signs were all there.

I'm with the lady who said she didn't donate a liver. Don't compete with her financially. Some people have money today, others will have it tomorrow. Is he a nice hardworking guy ready to provide for his family. Why is he an ex? Now is a good time to call her and ask why she's not in the relationship. Both sides of the story never hurts. Don't have kids with him until marriage ring is on finger and two years have passed to make sure he's worthwhile.

Stop feeling bad for yourself, go get educated and find a good paying job. Use your time constructively instead of worrying about what you can't change.

Orange County Ca's picture

So 'Mentalgirl' any more questions? Don't feel bad we all understand your helplessness but so many of these people here have down right evil BM's and I suspect but they won't admit they're down right evil SM/F's here that the BM stepping up for once to save the day is such a rarity they just have to applaud.

Look when it comes to the kids you have to look at this as a threesome. You three are there to help the kids grow up not to compete. Take this and learn from it and hope she stays on your side. It's much much better that way.