You are here

Would love your thoughts on BM's curveball

gftothebf's picture

Hi all! It's been a long time since I've posted, but I'm a faithful reader of all your posts. I respect your opinions and thoughts, so I decided to get this out of my head and into the open.

My partner and I have been together for four years. He has a 9 year old daughter with his ex. She has been and continues to be spiteful and vindictive in all sorts of ways.

My man just got a new job that conflicts with exchanges one or two days a week now that school is out for the summer. He has asked me to help and I'm fine with doing so. My schedule is much more flexible and he has helped so much with my three - I'm cool with picking up the slack. However, his ex wants to have zero communication with me directly - she requires that he be the go-between - and it's not very effective. If either of us are late or there's some change in plans, she wants to text or email him (and I need to do the same) to let the other one know. Might work if he were sitting at a desk, but he's not. He's a chef and he's busting it out all day. It doesn't make sense for him to be involved at all.

So, Wednesday morning, I was going to be 15 minutes late for drop off. I texted her the following a few minutes before 9:00:

We are running a few minutes late. Should be there by 9:15.

Response four hours later: U r not welcomed 2 call me ever u stupid whore

My response two hours later: I will not attempt to communicate with you again. I was late and was trying to be respectful of your time by letting you know. I will do my best to be on time in the future. If you change your mind and are willing to work together on the infrequent occasions (my man) is unavailable, I'm open to that.

Response seven hours later: Fuck off whoreface.

A few mins later from her: gftothebf please stop texting my mom. (signed with 9 year old daughter's name)

The end of that exchange. I did not respond and I won't contact her again. The name calling isn't a big issue although she is almost 45 years old and I've been in the picture for four years - you'd think she could do better than that.

What is a big issue is the fall out that I'm sure is inevitable with his daughter when she gets back to us on Monday. I would never bring it up to her, but it's just one more step in the wrong direction for me and a little girl that is pretty confused about all of this.

I'm tired.

GoodbyeNormaJean's picture

I'd print that crap out and make a copy of it for her daughter, and a copy of it to tape to the front door. I also might be tempted to make several hundred copies and mail them to everyone she knows, as well as flyering the parking lot where she works.

Maneater's picture

Omg!!!!! SMDH!!!!! This is so bad!!!! Fuck what BM is talking about or how crazy she is! I would look at my SO & SLAP THE FUCKING TEECH OUT HIS MOUTH!!!! No offense to you but WWWWHHHHHOOOOOO the fuck would fuck such a waste of human space??????? Even worse reproduce with this animal thats only good for breeding!!!

I thought I had it bad but shit to me they are all just low life's fucking low life's producing low life's!!!!!

Sorry I just had to VENT that out...

Maneater's picture

I know we bash BM & trust me DH babymamma is no different. I swear her mentality got stuck @ age 15 & she has yet to mature.

On my really bad days I bitch bitch bitch about how stupid my SS's mother is & DH is my biggest cheerleader, just cheering me on & bitching right along with me, then I stop & I'm like wait a fucking min!!! Your just as stupid for fucking her in the first place!!!! So shut up cause these words are directed at you too(meaning DH). I don't hurt his feelings but I do getting him thinking lol

stepmisery's picture

I agree with Bunny. And that was a huge line crossed, involving SD. DH really needs to address that.

Orange County Ca's picture

Have husband tell ex that the girl should be left out of the loop and both of you should ignore any communication which comes via that route even if you want to receive it.

I remember my son bringing a verbal message over and I told him I didn't want to hear it as I had told my ex to not do that. Paper was OK via the boy. He said I would want to hear the message and I still refused. Of course it got back to his Mom who never did it again.

By requiring it on paper - text today - it makes her slow down a little and think it through and most importantly keeps the kids out of it.

It's important in the long run that you two adults continue to act like one and let the BM dig her own ditch without help from you two. So far so good.

mom2boys's picture

next time be 15 mins late and dont text. she'll be wishing you had. stupid cuntface that she is...UGH... you were respectful of her and her time and she does this??!!.. you don't deserve that crap and she doesn't deserve your respect. time for her to grow up!

gftothebf's picture

Everyone, your responses are so appreciated! I'm staying on the high road, people, and it sure feels fine!