You are here

why can't we all get along!!!

butterflybloom's picture

I find myself in a very lonely situation. My husband is in prison(white collar crime, long story) my SS19 and SD15 left with their mom. which is where they should be I agree...but why does my SS19 continue to bash me to people. He recently moved out on his own over an (and should I say first) discussion we had. He is now telling people that I kicked him out of the house. I try to have communication with my sd15 for the sake of my DD14 (which they grew up togher) but its impossible now having the BM and SS on her ear. I am defeated and alone. My husband won't stand up to him because of where he finds himself. I want to get a long with all of them, even BM which apparently has become to be the "Mom of the year". I try my best to keep the peace for the sake of the kids and my husband. How easy our job as SMoms be if BM put there own kids in their place. Why must they stop being the parent to become the "friend". And here goes the big one, I still pay for my SS19 car payment the whole 400$ of them. The "mom of the year" cant, and apparently I have money growing out of my @ss. All I do is to get along with her, him and everyone....end vent.

AllySkoo's picture

Oh good gravy... there is NO WAY you should be paying the car payment for a 19 year old "kid" who's not related to you and doesn't even live with you. If his name is on the note, let him pay. If YOUR name is on the note, take the damn car back and sell it.

I get wanting to continue communication with SD for your DD's sake, but at 15 I'd let them handle that between themselves, honestly. You can't force the skids to have a relationship with you, stop trying.

butterflybloom's picture

yes life has become easier now that he is no longer with him. just sucks because I do want to be liked. I wanted to be a good step mom.

butterflybloom's picture

Wow, guys thank you for your advice. I have to agree with all of you guys. I am stupid...I need to STOP and move past this ungrateful kid. My family says the same. The car was given to him as a present for him to go to college. I only pay for it so my DH doesn't worry about him not having transportation. And yes I know that BM should worry about this now, but she doesn't give a rats ass. The car is under my name, and yes I could easily sell it and pay it off, but deep down I want to be able to say "the idiot of your step mom paid for your shit" NOT your MOY. any way I know i'm an idiot..and probably a glutton to misery. But thanks to you all today I care less about this boy and his MOY (BM). I give a SHIT!!! lol...

Smile

Rags's picture

Your DH left you and his children through his criminal activity. Time to focus on yourself and DD, and put the Step Spawn and even your DH in your rear view mirror.

Take care of yourself and move on.

IMHO of course.

Good luck.