You are here

Why am I wrong

Oldmom's picture

Bit of a back story. My son was in an 8 yr relationship with Miss Perfect. For a while they lived with DH & I. btw she had a child from a previous relationship that my son has raised. His father took off.
Last January my son, his infant and his stepson moved in to my home. DIL needed "space". Well really she needed space for her new love, the druggie.

Last week I put in a change of address for Her fathers pension check. Yup His check came to my house. This was years in the making. It started coming to my home during the time they lived with DH & I. Once they moved out (4 yrs ago) I said they needed to change the address, didn't happen. Should have done it then. The excuse was her sister had a drug problem and they were afraid she could steal the check. So I let it go.

Once they split up (over a yr ago) I told her to fix it. I think more than a year is long enough. I did it myself.

Guess who is extremely pissed at me. It will now be my fault if her druggie boy-toy steals the check.

Acratopotes's picture

:jawdrop: :jawdrop: what a lousy bitch......

Your son should try and get guardianship over this boy, at least one SS who stands a change in life, it should be legal or this woman can come back after 4 years and demand her son back

ChiefGrownup's picture

What a story. Yikes. I hope you and your son have documented the boy living with you. Go get a lawyer and file that she's abandoned him AND living in unsafe conditions with druggie affair partner. Yes, get some kind of guardianship.

Oldmom's picture

My son lives here. When she threw him out, with nothing but the kids, he went into a bad depression. He is building himself back. We are giving him a safe loving place to rebuild.
our
Please explain your comment about "harboring" a child. I am unsure what in your estimation you believe I should have done with a child that my son has raised since he was 6 months old.

What exactly do you think our problems are?