You are here

What's your Father's day prediction?

SeeYouNever's picture

Father's day in the US is next weekend! Have your skids made plans? What are your predictions for what will happen? 

I'm going to make my prediction and then we can come back and see if we were psychic or not!

My husband will text SD12  something random and cute early in the day to try to remind her of his existence. In the evening he'll try to call. This may get ignored, but she will likely call back eventually. I say the odds are 80% he will talk to her that day. The conversation won't last more than 5 minutes. Bonus points if SD casually mentions her stepdad and what they did for him. Double bonus points if my husband asks her what she wants for her birthday and SD sends a link to something stupid expensive. 

Her birthday is at the end of the month and I do hope she gets a pang of guilt when her gifts arrive. In the whole time I've known her she only got him a father's day gift ONCE and it was a cheap plastic keychain that said "Dad." No birthday wishes, no Christmas gifts or wishes ever. 

tog redux's picture

DH and I thought last Sunday was Father's Day (both of our fathers are dead), and so we got what we expected - silence from SS20.

Now SS has a second chance to disappoint DH! My vote is that DH will hear nothing from his son who lives 15 minutes away.

advice.only2's picture

This is the first year that DH and Spawn are on speaking terms, but I predict he won't hear from her at all. After all she didn't contact him for his birthday, why would she contact him for Father's Day. But I'm sure she will make a big deal that day letting everybody know that Meth Mouth did the job of both parents and deserves all the accolades.

advice.only2's picture

Trying to Stepmom's picture

Hopefully it will be better than last year with SD14 when DH made contact about picking her up and by the time BM got back to him we had already moved on with our plans (I had to get set up for a work thing the next day). BM ended up making DH out to be the bad guy and got SD to call him and make him feel guilty. He flat out told SD that he called BM to make arrangements to pick up SD and BM never got back to her. 

I doubt SD remembers it that way. 

DH will probably get a text (maybe a phone call) from his adult skids who live out of town. 

MissK03's picture

I will be working Sunday and my SO is off. SS16 I'm sure will be working so I'm going to encourage him to do something with them will I'm at work. 99% chance he won't do that. I normally get him a bigger gift for Father's Day because his birthday falls two days after Christmas.  

I always get him cards from the skids, dogs, and a present. Not this year. I'm slightly bitter about what happened on Mother's Day. Another year of nothing from anyone. Didn't expect anything from skids but, SO could have gotten me a card from the dogs. (My black lab who is almost two is my baby lol) The kicker on Mother's Day day was him and I went to the store the day before. We came back and SD13 said it to took a while I said oh we had to go to another store for a car for grandma. SD goes oh we have to get one for mom?? At, this point it's 5pm and they have no plans with BM. I said to SD it's BMs husband job to get your mom a card and really not your dads job. She goes "didn't he get one last year" I said he hasn't bought anything since I've been around. That threw me off. I go outside and tell SO and he goes well if she wants to get a card I'll go get her one. WOW. This women doesn't do a damn thing. (We have them full time) SO tells SD to text to her to see what her plans are... BM has no plans to take them "coronavirus and no where to go." The two years prior to this year she took them to Dunkin' Donuts and home. No joke. I was like ok she wasn't even planning on taken them but you were going to run out and get her a card that's nice. This women has a freakin husband!! (She's been with him 6/7ywars) SO got moody and goes what SD should text (BMs husband) who she barely talks to anymore to get her mother something?? I go YES! Yes she should.

So needless to say I'm still bitter. I DID tell him I wanted to take nice pictures of the skids for him but he needs to get them all together to do it. I do this for Christmas and it's a f'n nightmare to get SS16 to give me 15 MINUTES to take these pics. He was managed to make me ruin it for SO the last two years. I plan on bringing the picture thing up today since I originally told him last week and he hasn't mentioned anything to me about it. 

Sorry for the rant. Haha 

Lifer33's picture

We alternate weekend days with bm, she always swaps when it suits her. so, as we had him Sunday I took the opportunity to ask him to swap days this weekend to Sunday again, as its father day! At first he said yes then looked a bit worried and said shall we just celebrate Saturday? I said well at least ask your mum please as it's not like covid is allowing anyone to make plans ( they should hardly be having parties are going to the pub this request would mess up)

I then said to dh you next to message him this request, and bm if needed... Its been read, no answer as yet.

My prediction is that bm will invent a reason they can't swap, make a big fuss of fathers day on fb about step dad and ss will come empty handed on Saturday. In which case I'm honestly not going to give him a pass and provide him with cards and gift for dad. At 10 I firmly believe he should make his own card AND make the right decision to be with his dad on father's day 

LakesideChill19's picture

My prediction is that I will spend the day fishing with my youngest son, having some good time together.  Hopefully we can meet up with my 21 year old, but he's been out straight with the house and 64 acres that he just purchased.  Later on, when we get back, I'm sure that we will watch my SO's ex open up the $100 gift that she bought him, from the kids of course... Will it bother me?  No, because in the back of my mind my exit is fast approaching and the universe will shift out of the Bizarro World that has been my life for quite some time.

Cover1W's picture

Prediction: 

DH will hear nothing from OSD.  Zilch. He'll be upset all day on Saturday the day before.  I'm having some girlfriends over for me.  :-) 

Sunday YSD will make him breakfast.  Cover will not be included in this plan.  Cover will go out to get a yummy coffee and pastry herself and go read a book at a beach or park overlook somewhere.  Cover will make a good dinner, but will be unsure what DH wants until the night before.  Cover plans on grilling burgers in the end.

Cover1W's picture

YSD is not making DH breakfast, but wanted to know what he wants for dinner.  Burgers it is. She'll need some help which I will offer to do so she knows how (she's not made them on her own before or ever started the grill on her own - until this Sunday).  I'll be making a side.  Pretty easy.

classyNJ's picture

No need to predict.  DH is on call Sunday and both SS's have to work all weekend.  DH decided he wanted a seafood fest for dinner so him and I will spend Saturday driving the back roads and hitting our favorite seafood place to pick up dinner.  

SS17 will text, SS22 will bring home DH's favorite dessert.

This is the 1st year that I have not purchased DH fathers day gift.  I sent SS22 what he wanted and he went thru hell and back to get it.  He said him and SS17 are splitting the cost, but we all know that SS22 will pay the entire gift.

AlwaysHope's picture

My prediction, he will have a good day.  My DH asked me a few years ago to text his adult children, and share his wish for a nice "dock box" for Father's Day. What a nightmare..that text ended with "you are always trying to use us to look good, how dare you...bla bla". That was the first and last time I ever listened to DH again, doing anything involving the 3 adult SK's.  I have always honored DH on Father's Day and now 12 years later I still do, with a nice meal and gift. He does the same for me on Mother's Day. If he is forgotten or not, he will be honored.

strugglingSM's picture

This weekend is DH's visitation weekend. My prediction is that just like always, SSs will put in zero effort for Father's Day. They will also spend the day complaining about how bored they are and expect DH to entertain them. If DH gets a card, it will be one he buys for himself. Maybe MIL will send DH a card telling him what a great father he is...as if that makes up for the other 364 days of the year when she tells him how he doesn't do enough for SSs and doesn't care about them enough. 

This is my first Father's Day without my dad (who passed away unexpectedly in the fall), so I will likely be spending the day alone, by choice, to avoid complaining stepchildren and to avoid watching DH hop around to try to keep them happy. 

DPW's picture

I also thought it was last Sunday... lol...

SSs will not contact SO, but that's SO's fault. He's the one who caused the rift between them and only he can work on repairing their relationship.

Rags's picture

My kid is in Germany.  He will call me.  He always does when we are not together which we haven't been for years. He will call my dad as well, and my brother.  He is good that way.  He won't call his SpermIdiot.  They make no effort with him and he reciprocates.  He used to call my FIL but he has passed.  He is not particularly close with my BIL1 or BIL2 but will send them a HFD message, usually through his mom.

I will call my dad.  We may even take the 4 hour drive to go see him.  If we are all comfortable that none of us has been exposed to the bug of the moment.

CLove's picture

Munchkin SD14 told me in private that she is making something that is a surprise.

Feral Forger - well when I asked him if he wants to do something with his 2 daughters, he said, no maybe munchkin or fishing.

I told him I am trying to make plans with my Dad, so he is on his own. 

I think he will go fishing. Maybe take munchkin who used to be an avid fishergirl.

Feral forger will PROBABLY text. He did take her to her failed drug test for a job and buy her new shoes for job that wasnt...after all he might be useful down the road when Toxic Troll maybe throws her out, or not.

Rags's picture

Sad and heart breaking. I hope DH enjoys fishing with his youngest and they have a nice time together.

At some point even a toxic kid has to be a write off. For FF it is long past time.

IMHO.

Thisisnotus's picture

In the past it seems to fall on BMs weekend....and she has literally bought him some gift (barf) and sent the kids in for 10 minutes while she waits in the car.

DH and I have a 2 year so I will make plans for us....if DH arranges for his kids to be here or BM brings them over...I don't really care and so be it. I won't be going out of my way to ensure they are here.

Thefatherismyfamily's picture

we made our own plans without the skid's input. I will purchase a gift of my choosing and say that it's from me. I will not be sponsoring a gift from skids to my partner. They are fully capable of doing that on their own.

ITB2012's picture

DH hinted around, skids do nothing or some minimal thing cooked up by BM, and DH doesn't even call his own dad but is in a semi snit all day because he decides to go with me to see my dad or hears me on the phone for a long time with my dad and sees DS do something for XH and wishing DH a happy day. 
This year I'm pretty sure OSS is on a trip with a friend and that friends dad starting on Sunday. 

Merry's picture

SD and SS are good about calling DH. But DH will worry that they'll forget him.

I will practice with the new meditation breathing app I have.

enjoyyourdowngrade's picture

That bio dad is treated as father of the year as usual. It's a complete joke.