You are here

Money now that CS has stopped

Kes's picture

I have noticed something since the CS stopped for SD21 and SD23 - it stopped for them both last year since SD21 left her Uni course after 1 term, and SD23's came to an end when her course ended.  I just wondered if anyone else had noticed this since I'm sure DH would tell me I'm imagining it.  

SDs never, ever got me a birthday present or even a card, that I can remember - not ever.  And yet for the first time, last year - I got one from them.  DH now seems to get birthday presents and sometimes even a Father's Day card - although that often comes about 2 months after the day.  

It just appears to me that since any money that DH gives them is now entirely voluntary - eg he gave SD21 a sum for a project of hers last year - and the same for SD23 - that they are buttering the two of us up in a totally new way.  They never bothered doing this when he HAD to give them money!  

I just wondered how others who are not paying CS any more - have found their SKIDs attitude towards money from their parent who was formerly paying it?   DH was always the walking wallet to them - but since this is dependent on his generosity nowadays - they seem to have taken a slightly different attitude towards squeezing it out of him.  

lorlors's picture

they were adults at 18 so why the sudden change of tactic now? They WANT something.

On another note: why didn’t CS stop at 18 or when they left school? Paying until they were 23 and 22 years old must have been hell!

hereiam's picture

The one good thing that came from BM bad mouthing my husband, was that she always told SD that he had no money. We just let her keep on believin' it!