You are here

What would you do, think, say, etc...?

kh1205's picture

On Wed. my husband told me, before I left for work, that he was going to invite his brother and three kids over to our house, after 3pm, to ice skate on the rink in our backyard. I proceeded through the day and was suprized NOT to find anyone at home at 4:30pm. No notes, voicemails, or phone calls were made from anyone. My husband had my 7yr old son with him where ever he was.
My son has a 7:30pm bedtime due to the early hour I have to get him up at in the am for school 1/2 hour away.
I called my husbands cell phone around 5pm with no response. At 6:00pm I called again but this time left a message reminding him our son still has homework due the next day and wanted to know if I needed to make ALL OF US dinner. NO RESPONSE. When 7:00pm came around, I started to get worried because the roads were getting bad from the snow. At 7:15pm my sister-in-law called stating that my husband had my son down at the bowling alley (1 mile from where I work) with his brother and other buddies. She decided to take all the kids to her house to FEED the kids, and because she didn't want anyone else to drive the kids when they have been drinking. I thanked her and told her that I will come pick up my son.
It takes a half hour to get to their home, and same coming back. Needless to say my son didn't get his homework done and went to bed late. My husband didn't call to check if I picked up my son and would have tried to get him himself if my sister-in-law had't told him when she went back to pick up her husband (she didn't want my husband driving her hubby after he had been drinking either). My husband proceeded to waltz in at 12:15am and then turn around and got up for work at 4:30am.
He has been on that shift for a week now. (swing shift) And every night HAD to be in bed at 8:30pm when I am home. He sees nothing wrong with it. This isn't the first time this has happened. There have been many times that he had our son out late on a school night and he hasn't been fed. Everytime I try to discuss this, he blows-up, or tells me its MY problem.
What are your thoughts? PLEASE!

happy's picture

First I would ask him if he is happy?
Second I would have to ask if he thinks of your son?
Thirdly I would find a sitter on one of his nights off and leave without a note and not answermy cell and make a night of whatever you want? Two can play that game.. How rude and inconsiderate of your husband... But definatley give him a taste of his own medicine.. And when he comes at you BLOW YOUR TOP AND TELL HIM ITS HIS PROBLEM...
I can be revengeful at times..