You are here

What do you do when you don't have a room to send skid to?

Tx mommy of 3's picture

Just a quick question... So, you know how sometimes you send your kids to their rooms for a timeout, to be grounded, or whatever? Like sometimes my ds4 acts up and I send him to his room for a time out. Or my dd6 fights with her brother so I send her to her room to cool off. So, what do you do when skid is visiting and they may need time to cool off or need a 'timeout' but they don't have a room at your place? Where do you send them or what do you do?

GoodbyeNormaJean's picture

Depends on the age, but I don't send younger kids to their room for a time out because they get in there unattended and don't observe the rules of the time out.

I have a very unpleasant time out here. I take masking tape over to the linen closet door, and put a piece of masking tape on the door at the height of the offending child's nose. I then tell them to stand against the door with their toes against the door, nose on the tape, hands clasped behind their back. They have to stand there for 1 minute for every year they are old. It seems like an eternity to start with because they can't see what's going on around them. If they take their nose off the tape or their hands come down, they start completely over.

kalmolil's picture

Yes, I need help in this area as well. Last time skid was here she tripped DD5 (who was going after one of her own toys!!) and I sent her to the 'corner' for TO. She doesn't like discipline and boo-hoo'd and had a full on tantrum because she got in trouble so she proceeded to stick her fingers down her throat and make herself vomit...then stood there with it running down her face and shirt looking at me. I sent her to the bathroom to clean up and she pranced back in the living room minutes later and sat on the couch like nothing was wrong! I sent her back to the corner where she did it AGAIN! That's when she got her "do no stop at Go, go straight home to your crazy ass BM!" card and was sent home early from her "visit". She's too old to act like that (turning 8 very soon) and I nor my bios can tolerate the stress of it. I don't dare send her to my DD's room to wait out her punishment because Lord knows she might set the house ablaze! Maybe if I hog-tie her so she can't gag herself, that might work?