You are here

Predictions?

Tx mommy of 3's picture

So this was an SS visit weekend. The bios and I took off to visit my parents on fri. (events going on and planned in advance). Dh was supposed to gi with us but ended up having to work sat. Normally dh would have me take ss with me and leave him with mil. However I have applied the 'not my kid not my problem' motto. So dh decided to let ssstb13 stay alone sat while dh worked. We figured ss would sleep in til noon and dh got off at 4. I told dh this was fine as long SSS the house wasn't a mess when I got home. (I always leave my house clean before a trip do I can return to a clean house.) dh joined us say after work & I asked about the house. He said to stop it. (I had been reminding him about this all week so dh was tired of me nagging)

So...any predictions on what my house will be like wheb I get home? Sswas there fri from abt midight til sat about 4pm.

GoodbyeNormaJean's picture

Have you seen those FEMA commercials of New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina? I've got $5 on it.

sixteensmom's picture

I bet it's not that bad. I'm sure it won't be as good as you left it but I predict dh will have gotten the point and actually enjoyed a Ittle time w ss. Then I bet he got tired of horsey rides for a 13yo and remembered to pick up the house or u might leave him alone again for the next ss weekend.

Tx mommy of 3's picture

UPDATE!! OMG! So I was shocked when I got home. Sixteensmom won! The house was (almost) just as I left it. I can NOT stand coming home to a messy home...especially after I've already cleaned it. I don't knowni it was dh who picked up or ss who kept it clean, but wow! I was really nervous becuse this summer I left ss alone for 2-3 hours. When I got back he was eating inthe livingroom, had chips bags open, pillows on the floor, a mess in the kitchen, shoes/socks scattered on the ground... And thatwas just a few hours! So I was worried about leaving him a longer time. Tis makes me happy! And not just because it is a clean house, but because it means when ss comes at Christmas I can leave him with dh so he bios and I can get o my parents a few days earlier!

Tx mommy of 3's picture

Yes, I was so happy. I thanked dh. I told dh it was like a test. See we'll have ss for the first time ever for half the Christmas break- starting from the day he gets out ofschool til Christmas day. Dh is off only on hrostmas day (sat) and then sun. So that would mean I'd have all 4 kids a whole week before dh got off. But I always like to get to my parents early to visit, shop, let the kids spend time with grandparents. So we were wondering what to do with ss because I am surely not messingup my Christmas plans! So now I am thinking we can maybe leave ss alone a few days so I don't have to take him with us. Woo hoo!

CarlHounds's picture

FEMA is a government agency that help those who are victims of natural phenomenon but it seems like they don't though they are tasked with safeguarding citizens, starting in March, Federal Emergency Management Agency started requesting repayment of $21 million from citizens. This money is from 5,560 individuals that got money in the past. One federal senator is already taking steps to take care of this problem. The bill faces heavy debate, as it would cost the government several million dollars. I find it here: http://personalmoneystore.com/personal-loans/.