You are here

Weirdnesses

rozzann's picture

Does anyone else's SD or SS do extremely weird things that make you go, why???  And these behaviors do not improve but continue to happen even after you point it out to them to correct?  I need a good laugh, so please, post away on your own weird SS or SD!

One of my SD weird behaviors (there are many):

Watches tv with head and most of body tilted in opposite direction of the tv and eyes clear towards the tv instead of turning towards it.  I and my BS and BD have pointed it out to SD but she still does it.  Maybe this is how she has to watch the tv at her crazy BM? *crazy*

lorlors's picture

with the door open despite being told 100000000 times. This at almost 17.

SD sleeps with her window wide open and the blinds and curtains not down. How could you even sleep?!!

rozzann's picture

Gross!  And how can you sleep with window open?  Hmm.  They are all SO WEIRD!  Thankfully I don't notice my own DS or DD having any weird behaviors.  Unfortunately I worry that DH and my DD1 will learn and copy some of Stepbrat's weird things...like she already has done a few times.  This at least prompts DH to take notice and he at least then corrects SD because he doesn't want DD1 doing it.  

notarelative's picture

Watches tv with head and most of body tilted in opposite direction of the tv and eyes clear towards the tv instead of turning towards it.

Has SD ever had her eyes examined? Could her peripheral vision be better than her central vision? 

rozzann's picture

I believe she did for school and she was fine.  But I have noticed that she only does this when watching tv.  Maybe she is in a corner or has to watch tv like that at BM and it just stuck?  Just annoying because if it was my child I would be correcting them or asking why.  DH doesn't even notice another weirdness by her.  And I tried to find out why but she still does it.  So whatever, she can look weird.... *shok*

TwoOfUs's picture

My skids all had a bunch of gross, weird behaviors. The youngest sucked her thumb until about 13. The two older skids crumbled their food. They all his food in their rooms...

I could go on and on. It was so gross and annoying when they came for their weekends.

JanRebecca's picture

SS9 wipes boogers from his nose on EVERYTHING. When he leaves we have a deep cleaning session - it's disgusting. 

Siemprematahari's picture

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^So God help me if that was my step kid. I'd want to break his little fingers. That is absolutely disgusting!!!

Major Blunder's picture

GSD , bless her soul, has a bag full of cats in her head from everything her mother has dragged her through so she's loud ( a family trait ), she's defiant, overly dramatic and attention seeking but I noticed lately she will say certain things like " Well your are more like my real parents ( referrng to DW and I) or Well we are the Blunder family" she has a different last name. The sayings aren't the weird part, it's how she says it her body language and even the tone of voice sounds rehearsed or mimiced from a TV show, makes me worry about the statement in the first place.

CLove's picture

She plays with her food at 12, to me, with no bios, its weird. No table manners is weird. She collects bones and animal carcasses...

But she is strangely normal, for a kid with such strange parents!

rozzann's picture

Where does she keep the bones and animal carcasses??  That is creepy......unless she loves archaeology??

TwoOfUs's picture

Are we living parallel lives? My annoying skids were all like this too. OSD and SS both "crumbled" their food absent-mindedly between their fingers at the dinner table until it looked like a mini tornado had hit their dinner plate. As pre-teens and teens! Wasteful, gross, weird...and rude. YSD never had this issue, thank goodness, but she did suck her thumb until way past 12 and watched Spongebob incessantly with the volume all the way up...laughing super loud the whole time...like one of those horrible, forced-sounding stacatto bursts of laughter kind of laughs. 

My OSD actually collected bones and animal carcasses and other weird "goth" things as a pre-teen and early teen. She'd put the bones in bleach to make them whiter. So weird. 

rozzann's picture

Great...I hope SD6 doesn't start to collect bones since there seems to be a common thing for weird stepkids.....