How many of you included stepchildren in Wedding?
Alright...we can't come to an agreement on this...and I won't set a date anyway until we move out of the crazy house.
My reasons for not wanting children in the wedding or ANY children at the reception -
1. I think receptions are for adults...it's a night for couples and single people to get out, mingle, laugh, drink, dance, and have a blast to celebrate a marriage. My parents used weddings as their escape and a night for "them" when we were little. We NEVER attended weddings with them.
2. I don't want any licking of the fingers and putting them in the wedding cake.
3. crying because it's 10:30 and their tired.
4. I don't want little girls hanging on my new husband's leg during our first dance...I want him to myself for one night...the most important night of my life.
5. I don't need to be reminded of how "they look like their mom" all night...
6. I don't need marker, crayon, glue, or anything else on my dress FMIL decides they need to have to keep busy during the reception.
7. I don't want a wrestling match on the dance floor.
8. I don't want oldest fsd(8) doing her weird flirt thing hanging on all our male friends.
9. I didn't go to my parents wedding, why should kids go to theirs? I don't have children to bring so why should his come too?
10. They will have their OWN wedding someday...this day belongs to my hubby and I.
11. I don't want to get stuck watching and worrying about kids - this is exactly what will happen.
7. I don't want to have to worry about pleasing children with the menu...and I wanted to have a formal wedding.
I can keep going...Let me just point out that just between his family members kids and mine - that right there would just make 16 (there are only two in mine) kids!!! And EVERYONE would bring them if I don't make this adults only...and this is not including guests that have children. I want one night...our night...our WHOLE day without worrying about where kids are...what they are doing...if they are hungry...and who put what in the toilet...
Has anyone else faced this dilemma?