You are here

Manipulative 14 year old step daughter

Miley's picture

My husband and I have been married for 10 years but been together for 16 years, we split up approx. 14 years ago for a few months, he did his thing and I did mine but he made the mistake of not "wrapping" things up and ended up with a girl who he barely knew who was pregnant, we have tried for years to become in contact with her to no avil, her mother would get up and move every time she knew we were looking, so as years went on with no success we eventually stopped looking and had a family, twin girls and a 14 year old son.... Just this past march we found out that she meaning his daughter was looking for us we were soooo excited! We set up a meeting time/place and things went GREAT!! The kids loved her we loved her....life was complete and it felt good, I knew it had to be too good to be true when one day she said to my husband that her step dad sexually abused her, so my husband immediately took police action, she ended up moving in with us almost right away because my husband thought that was the right thing to do. She has mental issues like I mean HUGE mental issues and is seen by a therapist and psychologist weekly to help herby through whatever she goes through, since she has moved in its like she is in love with my husband, follows him everywhere tells him she wants to cuddle him, throws fits if the word "no" is said to her cuts herself and has once overdosed on her pills which ended her in the hospital, I fully understand the "honeymoon" phase as they have not seen each other in 14 years but the honeymoon phase has ended on my husbands part and she just wants to be around him, nobody else not me or the other children.... Just him......she manipulates in every way she can so she can get her own way....she intentionally pins myself and my husband against each other ( which often times works) she has ruined my family and my marriage and I don't know how to fix it, she won't go see her mother EVER!!! Even though she is the one that raised her, she's demanding, lazy, caniving, manipulative,and just plain out mean, we have 3 other children and when she sees him playing with any of them she throws a fit saying that he doesn't love her......just last evening we went to a wedding reception of my husbands sister....she made a scene by crying and yelling into the doorway of the hall calling for her father.....she cried all night even though we offered to take her home if she wasn't comfortable there, but as soon as she seen myself and my husband fighting about this situation she immediately turned to be happy dancing on the dance floor, pretty much saying "mission accomplished" I feel like I'm competing against an15 year old kid!!! He works nights and doesn't get home until 3am and she sits in the window and waits for him.....she wants him to herself and that's the issue.... I've tried to tell her that she's not the only child and that there are 3 others that need attention too! I don't know what to do....let her ruin my family and take my kids and leave? Or stick it out and be miserable? Either way doesn't sound very nice to me....I should also mention my husband has FINALLY started to see how she truly is but we don't have a solution! HELP!

Poodle's picture

Was the case against the stepdad proven? Problem with this kind of abuse is it can make a young girl act out toward other men... I would find someone neutral (maybe the therapists) to warn your DH of this otherwise you could end up in terrible wreckage.

Miley's picture

Thank you, I have been thinking the same thing!! I told my husband that the next thing that's going to happen is that she is going to accuse him or my 14 year old son of sexually assaulting her! I am so scared! I won't even let her be alone with my girls because she may hurt them

Miley's picture

That's just the thing.....it wasn't proven and my SD says she wants to drop the charges and when I asked why? She said "because I can....I'm a kid I can do and they will believe anything" I haven't believed her from the beginning.....it's horrible to say I know......but I think that was yet another way of her munipulating and getting into our home Sad

Miley's picture

Oh and when she sees her therapists she turns her chair around and won't say a word to them grrrrr

Poodle's picture

I wouldn't judge her. She's either mentally unwell or she really has been abused and has become corrupted. Either way, you and yours are under threat, make no mistake. This is a job for professionals. Make sure your kids know clearly not to be alone with her. I don't think living with her is tenable for you and them, personally. Sorry to be so stark in my opinion.