You are here

Update: DH and BM's custody mediation was yesterday & BM didn't show up!

christinen's picture

Very quick back story because I posted about it a few times already- DH has been keeping SD during the week for school & BM is supposed to take SD on weekends.

It’s been 5 weeks since they made that arrangement and BM only took her 1 out of 5 weekends. So she has only seen SD for 2 days in the past month and a half.

BM went and filed for custody (we think it was just to “get back” at DH because he filed for emergency custody when BM didn’t send SD to school for one entire week- the reason DH keeps her during the week now).

Well their mediation was schedule for yesterday. BM called DH saying she wasn’t going to be there because she’s going to rehab for her drug addiction. We thought maybe she was just trying to get DH to not show up, so he went anyway and she did not show up so the case was dismissed.

Now DH has to go and file himself because their current CO says they have SD week on/week off which is not the case.

This is the same BM who called social services claiming our house is a drug house.. yet she’s the one going to rehab lol

Why would you file for custody when you don’t ever even see your child, and then not show up to court?

This woman is nuts!!

christinen's picture

Exactly! We are documenting everything so when he finally does get his day in court, he can show what a nutcase she is.

sbm014's picture

She is nuts!

She probably filed to make sure she will get CS, and someone probably told her with the way she looked or her current drug problem she wouldn't win - so she is probably playing the my life was turned upside down when he started taking her during the week and so now I am trying to get everything back together because I miss my daughter.

You have to try to think of any possible game they could be playing.

christinen's picture

Yes, I don't trust her one bit!

She has pretty much made it her mission in life to make DH's life as hard as she possibly can.

She has flat out told him she's going to ruin his marriage and his life (she's not ruining our lives- I'm not sure why she thinks she has that kind of power lol).

She has another kid too (younger than SD) and apparently that kid's grandmother has been taking care of her. So she hasn't been taking care of any of her kids smh

sbm014's picture

It's okay when DH got home him and SS were having alone time and SS looked at DH and asked "What would you do if SBM moved out on us and just left" DH responded "I'd be sad" SS then said "Well momma said she probably will because that's what you did to us". DH just responded him and BM weren't happy and then changed the subject. I'm not sure where she is getting that I may move out because yes her drama did cause a tad bit of stress for DH and I but at the end of the day we stand united and confide and trust each other. I am no going anywhere I may not attend as many things with her there but I am not leaving DH.

That is so sad she doesn't want to take care of her kids. I don't understand and maybe it's because I know when DH and I try to have kids it could be filled with complications (personal) that I would think you would want all the time with your kids. Heck most of the time I encourage DH to get SS more even when at time I dread it because I want alone time.

christinen's picture

I hate when BM tells SD things like that. It’s so wrong to put a child in the middle of adult issues and make them worry about what is going to happen.

I have no idea why BM doesn’t take care of her kids. I have no bios but DH and I are trying to conceive and I already love the baby even though he/she doesn’t even exist yet! I can’t even comprehend why/how she does what she does. It’s awful and the only one she’s hurting is SD (her other kids are not DH’s but I’m sure she’s hurting them as well).

sbm014's picture

Yep - I mean I'm not moving DH and I are happy we deal with the bumps in the road as they come mainly have to do with her then we talk and all is well.

I know you what you mean about loving the baby though it doesn't exist I dream of the life DH and I could give a child.

christinen's picture

As much as I can't stand BM because of what she has done/tried to do to DH and me, I hope she gets her shit together too, for SD's sake.

I can only imagine the issues SD will have growing up when she realizes her mother didn't want her.

I try to do what I can for SD, but I don't think BM should be able to just decide she doesn't want to take care of her child anymore. SD really is her responsibility. I've been telling DH that if she doesn't want to take her, she needs to pay child support! Kids are not cheap!

I've been in her life since she was 1 so I am not sure if she realizes that DH and BM were together or if she what she thinks about that.

She never used to even mention her mom, but now that she hasn't seen her in so long, she is starting to ask why.

christinen's picture

Oh wow, that does sound a lot like my situation!! I can't stand how these courts are so damn slow and everything costs so much money, and they always favor the BM even when she is a lowlife piece of trash!

I tell my DH the same thing- when BM calls & says she can't take SD on her weekend, I tell him to go drop SD off to her. He refuses. This creates a lot of tension in our house as well.

I would be FURIOUS if I were you, that money coming out of DH's paycheck & BM doesn't even have the kid. OMG! :jawdrop:

My SD's BM was receiving welfare (food stamps, free health insurance, and cash every month) claiming she had SD full time. According to their CO, they are each supposed to have 50/50 but in reality, BM has her maybe 10% of the time. I got so sick of her crap a couple weeks ago that I reported her for welfare fraud & they took it all away! }:) Smile