You are here

Tweens are weird, and kind of well...suck

Ladystark's picture

My stepson 12, has been complaining all summer his room is hot.

I do not listen, nor care, dh tried to give him advice on cooling his room and being cool....sigh...waste of words...

Reasons: he wears FLEECE pjama pants, when he is not wearing JEANS.

(He is skinny, but sweats a ton)

He has shorts and lighter pj bottoms will not wear them.

He wears beanie hats all the time.

Whenever in his room, his vent is covered with balnkets, or clothes.

He will not listen to reason so i stopped listening and responding.

I guess we were all weird awkward tweens, that thought they knew better once, but i have to say if i was wearing sweat pants and complained to my mom my room was hot, omg, id be hearing about how dumb i am for days!!! Lol. Or probably she just hit me in the head trying to knock the sense back in me!!!

Sigh. Tweens...

Ladystark's picture

Oh the baby voice..ughhh...he used to do that really bad between 8-10...its tappered off...but he will still use it on daddy and grandma!!(its still bad around gma, he will also act really dumb around her, so she does stuff for him

Ladystark's picture

A couple of days ago ss went to go swimming at a neighbors house. He comes out of his room in swim shorts, t-shirt and beanie..lol. it was like 90 degrees but felt almost 100 because of humidity.lol

Makes me wonder about him sometimes.

Ladystark's picture

I remember being bad about my acne medicine (because it smelled horrible), but i was not reminded constantly about other stuff. Like dh has to tell ss to brush his teeth every night and when to shower....
Side note i look back on old pictures and wish i had been better about the acne meds

Ladystark's picture

Lol

So_Annoyed's picture

I hear ya, they are odd. SD13 (not a tween anymore) is still very odd. She will complain her room is freezing with the AC on. Ok, it may be but here's an idea... Close your vent. DUH. That solves it all. So recently I close it and made sure there was no air coming through. Lol, she then complained about it being hot to DH, who went in there and said, "it's not too hot or cold in here, and you ARE wearing a sweatshirt. Stop being dramatic."

I think every.single.thing they do is for attention at this age. ...sigh...

Ladystark's picture

Yes i think its for attention too...

Another thing i noticed with kids his age and younger is this announcing everything!

"Im going to get a drink." "Im going to make a sandwich with this bread."

When he was younger he made sure to find me and let me know he was changing his clothes..lol. he does not do that to much anymore, but every now and again he will let me know he is wearing a hoodie, or he is wearing a certain necklace and why.

I think a little bit of it is these newer tv shows. The characters make a huge deal showing off a watch or telling the kids they are changing or eating...ugh. it does get annoying!

I used to be really sarcastic about it, but i backed off because i realized he did not think it was odd and i think he took some of it more to heart than i thought he would.

But it is hard to hold my tongue sometimes! Like if we are getting in the car to go somewhere, ss gets the back seat ALWAYS gets the back seat(he is the oldest so no matter what its his seat)....he will let everyone know HE is sitting in the back everytime.....ugghh....my bs7 lately has started saying "weee kknnnooowww!" Or he says it before ss can say it..lol. better him than me i guess...

ajp1999's picture

Just ignore. Once they get to a certain age they don't listen anymore. Let him be hot. Lol