You are here

Trying to keep my cool

WTHDISUF's picture

Pseudo SS8:

-His BM sends him here with no underwear on last night. Said he didn't have any clean ones so he went to daycamp yesterday with no underwear and came here with none in his bags either. Immediately we had to go buy underwear for the week. She also packed 2 pair of shorts that were too small. All the rest are the basketball material shorts that are only fit for playing in. More clothes to buy.

-He's said "Da'e" at least 15 times per hour since waking up this morning. He leaves off the second "d" so it comes out Da-e. Irks the crap out of me.

-Offered him breakfast -bacon and eggs on toast. He said no thanks, he wanted grilled cheese. DH makes grill cheese, finished making bacon and eggs for us. He wolfs down his grilled cheese then puts his head on the table like a hungry dog and stares at the 3 strips of bacon on DH plate. DH asks if he wants some and before he finished the sentence, SS8 took 2 of the strips right out of his plate.

-After breakfast, went to pick up brand new couch from store. Besides trying to direct DH and associate while loading it, he almost tripped DH running under the couch as they walked with it in the air. Old couch is for sale and I told him do not sit on new couch. (He does not sit-he plops, lays and leaves his toys and crumbs and socks all over it). He and DH destroyed my nice couch from my single days, eating on it with their greasy hands and crumbs, toys and crap all in the cushions. So he's not allowed to sit on it. When old couch sales, I'll put a cover over new one when he visits. Yet 3 times in the past hour, he's sitting on it indian style with his toys when I go downstairs. I just sternly gave him last warning and he had the nerve to want to know why I get that whole new couch to myself. I told him because it's in my house, I bought it and it's for sitting down, not laying down. DH saw him sitting there too as he was already downstairs and then pretended he was telling him to get off of it too. He wasn't. He let the boy spread his GI Joes all over it.

-We are taking it to the movies in an hour. DH tells him to go make his bed (which he was supposed to do when he got up) and he tells DH that he's in the middle of watching an epic battle on cartoons so he can't right now. DH tells him again. He ignores him. I get up and turn the TV off and glared at him. He goes to do it. Sick of being the disciplinarian for a kid that is not mine NOR DH's!

This is just day 1. 8 more to go. I'm not going to make it.

WTHDISUF's picture

No dna needed, she confessed it's not his. She had an affair in the 3rd or 4th year of their marriage and SS8 is the result. Long story short is DH is a sucker when it comes to kids and ended up staying in the Father role. He's more of one to this kid than many actual Fathers. I've nearly walked out a couple of times. I didn't know he wasn't Bio until I was 7 mths in and already in love with the DH. Part of me started to walk because SS8 does NOT know yet that DH is not his real Dad. He will figure it out soon though and then I'm not sure what's happening.

BM is a piece of shit. I tolerate the SS8 in part out of pity. He has no good Mom, she puts on good shows though with her money and make believe. But twice this month the SS8 has told her she only thinks about herself and never spends any time with her. This is true too but she doesn't care about the boy. The BioDad doesn't even know he exists (according to BM) but we don't know how true that is. Anyway, yeah, this is what I deal with.