You are here

Is there an end?**UPDATE**

green-eyed.girl's picture

I’m here once again… Not knowing what to do or how to react… My husbands ex is just a horrible person… Where do I begin… First, she feels that I broke up their marriage (when in fact she was the one having affairs 13 of them to be exact)… She feels that he would have never left her no matter what if it hadn’t been for me… So I am the on she is angry with and I am the reason she continues to put my husband and their daughter through hell on a daily basis… It was to the point that the daughter told dad, who can I talk to about mom? I don’t care if she gets in trouble… I’m tired of what she is doing... I want to spend more time with you and she won’t allow it… So after hearing this we made an appointment with the Attorney to file contempt charges and there are many contempt charges…

First and foremost, visitation… Their Final Judgment of Dissolution of Marriage stated: “Maintain Shared Responsibility with the Father, be flexible in accommodating each other’s schedules, promote and encourage the love and esteem of the minor child for the other party and not intentionally do anything to estrange or alienate the minor child from the other party, cooperate fully with the other party in all matters relating to the extra-curricular activities of the child. The child has a right to spend considerable time with both parents, the residential parent is expected to provide access to the child at unscheduled times if requested and if to do so does not unreasonably disrupt prior planned activities of the child or the residential parent ”.

He charged her with contempt, she willfully failed to comply with said order, will not allow him to place present wife on school pick up, will not allow him to attend minor child extra-curricular activities with present wife without conflict. When he attends with current wife, she snatches minor daughter and leaves. There are many witnesses to this and it states that in the contempt. We continue to get harassed and daughter gets harassed with calls from her to bribe the daughter to come home, she calls to tell the daughter her friends are waiting on her, she bribes with activities such as going to the beach or out on the boat. It doesn’t stop. She only allows daughter to come over every Wednesday and every other weekend, no additional time in between. When he calls she says they have plans.

2nd contempt charges: Said order required former wife to refinance the marital home by January 1, 2007, or otherwise have his name completely removed from any and all liability on the existing mortgage…

She has not done this, and has been running 60 to 90 days delinquent since the divorce, which affects his credit, and impossible for us to purchase a home. And impossible for her to refinance.

3rd contempt charges: Said order required her to maintain responsibility for a debt of $4,000 for a deficit judgment on her vehicle.

She did not pay this amount with the settlement she received from his retirement (she received over $60,000), the attorney for the judgment garnished his wages, and we had to settle and pay the $4,000.

4th contempt charges: Said order stated she was solely responsible for her vehicle and not hold him harmless from all liability on connection with that vehicle.

She totaled her vehicle, claimed she had gap insurance, she did not, the bank now has placed a charge off on his credit for this vehicle.

We have asked for a rotating visitation of week on week off (told we will not get this unless both parents agree, she will not agree). We have asked for a testimony of child in camera since his daughter is 13 and she should be heard.

So with all that said, the ex contacted him and wanted to settle before going to court, they verbally agreed, she asked him to have his attorney draw up the documents, the next day she went out and hired an attorney and now is refusing settle.

She wants more child support, she’s claiming him violent (when they were going through their divorce, she filed an injunction stating he was violent to her but not the child, she would break the injunction (running him off the road) then she would call the police and filed report after report that he broke the injunction). Never was he convicted of any crime. She agreed to drop the injunction in mediation, the judge signed off on it and then she filed a police report and an arrest went out for him for breaking the injunction that a judge signed off on and dropped. Once the officer realized what she did, he withdrew the warrant for arrest. She is now using these documents as her proof he’s violent. She’s making accusations that since he was violent with her (no proof that he ever was), he must be violent with me and his daughter is seeing these horrible acts.

I’m really at my wits end on this… We have kept a journal since 2004 and any and all voicemails that she has left… To be honest I don’t know why we keep them, no one seems to care, it’s not like anyone will ever listen or believe our story… She has been able to manipulate her way through life and it’s not stopping…

Update… She hired an attorney, who filed contempt charges against BF… She’s claiming that he doesn’t pay half of extra-curricular activities (which we have receipts that we pay 95% of all extra-curricular activities)… She’s also claiming that he hasn’t shown her documents yearly that their daughter is beneficiary of $50,000 (to cover her child support) on his Life Insurance policy (since the divorce and even now the daughter is sole beneficiary, but we are changing so that I am also a beneficiary)… What I don’t get is her nerve…

She filed a motion to not allow child to give a testimony in camera claiming it’s detrimental to the child to have to choose…

OH AND THE BIG one…
She filed a motion “Request to Produce” forty items, our taxes, our w2’s, our deed to our home, 2 years bank statements, all retirement documentation (pension, 401k), vehicles, a list of our personal property, just on and on… I’M FURIOUS… I can’t believe that I have to produce these documents to her, especially very personal and confidential files…

She once called our landlord and told them some really horrible things about us, they called and said that if we didn’t have a binding contract, that they would not have rented to us… SO now I have to give her access to my personal files…

I keep thinking that we will win (hoping so)… I have dug up all the information that she has requested. Our attorney has also filed a motion “Request to Produce” to her… One of the items she requested was graphs and charts, so we are hoping that the journal and voice-mails that we have been keeping will be finally heard and that alone will show her true colors… I’m just very hurt and confused how this woman has been able to manipulate and get away with her actions…

ohiomom2twoandmorel8tr's picture

Wow his ex sounds like my DH's ex arent they fun?!
We had that with her Truck, it was in both of their names and she wouldn't refinance it so we spent 1000 for contempt just to have them extend her time to get it done, she actually should have been in jail but since she refinanced it "eventually" she avoided 30 days in jail! Tell you the truth it was a waste of money because they really never do anything!! Avoided a second contempt for her student loans, dh and bm put them together but she was able to refinance her half they again gave her another extention.. (which she failed 5 semesters of high school algebra, then dropped out waste of 15000 huh?) As far as the log goes keep doing it sometimes it helps, we have the same thing going for BM, threatening voicemails, she sends car full of her friends after me which does not scare me a bit but, i document it anyways!! It was enough to get a restraining order on her!! She's a piece of work!!

doglover1's picture

not sure why. Judges seem to always side with them even if they were the devil themselves. I do know that Judges hate when they hear about drug/alcohol abuse. SO if thats the case it sometimes helps. But not always. BF's get screwed usually!!