You are here

Talk to me! What strategies are you using to deal with step brats During this lockdown

kathycrosbyvt's picture

So far I’ve been VERY “lucky”. Demon Spawn has been with BM except for his “normal” Visitation during school closing due to the virus outbreak. Im SURE the old hag will get sick of him and demand DH takes him extra time. Regardless for some miracle( very Doubtful) BM does NOT  DH still per the Custody agreement gets step brat for TEN LONG ass days starting Thursday before Easter for spring break. Now normally during these hellish weeks plus I Disappear as much as possible. Visit my aunt, go to the movies visit friends ect. All things I CAN NOT do now due to coronavirus. Honestly I can hardly spending a few hours around the Whiny, rude, Disrespectful, Loud screaming brat. His very voice is like nails on a Chalkboard. He Purposely talks like Peewee Herman. Drives me insane. 

This being said those of you who have Annoying step brats how are you dealing with this lockdown??? Besides drinking myself into a drunken stupor how can I weather this since I’m VERY limited on where I can go to get away? 

I need Suggestions on how I can keep my sanity

Swim_Mom's picture

I am personally surviving this by working out for like 2 hours every single day, which is one day per week more than normal. We are very lucky to have a home gym, but without that I'd be outside running and doing the home workouts from our gym with body weight exercises push ups, chin ups etc. Exercise is the best way to feel calm and balanced, for me. I have no skids here thankfully - my own 3 kids are here. But I'm sympathetic to DH and would not blame him if he is getting really annoyed with my kids...simply because they are not his. Not sure how the weather is where you live, but spending time outside in backyard/patio or whatever your options are, or even going for walks would help you. Sorry you have to put up with this brat - sounds horrible. And allowing a few nights per week to enjoy some wine...totally advisable also in my opinion!

Harry's picture

At all times. Where DH goes  SK goes.  You make plans each day to do something by yourself,  a walk, gardening . Work on something where you need peace and quiet 

Rags's picture

I banished mine to Europe.  32 mos ago.  And.... pimped him out to the USAF 9 years ago.

We were way ahead of the Covid-19 curve.

And we are very proud of him.

Wicked stepmo.'s picture

I took BS and we quarentined ourselves in a hotel room 2 hours away for a few days with a beautiful balcony view. Rates are dirt cheap right now and there were only 5 other guests in the entire place. It was peaceful,  quiet and relaxing heaven.  I told SKs it was to give them bonding time with thier father, because we are always around and they never get him to themselves .