You are here

Surprise visit

smokeyquartz's picture

I honestly can't believe this just happened and I'm sure I'm overreacting but needing a good vent!! So SD10 lives 4.5 hours away. We get her EOWE and half school holidays. DH is a full time student and in the Army Reserves and I teach and study at our Uni - this all meaning that we are very busy and time poor so we have to structure our time very carefully.

Well I stayed home today because I had to give an online lecture this afternoon so have been preparing for that. DH has his final exams forever for uni, one in two days time and a few next week. He has also just been away with the army so is in full study mode right now. This morning the doorbell rings and it is BM and SD10!!! BM says "we've been down here since Monday, (cause her partners mum was sick) wondered if you wanted SD10 for the day? Just bring her back (to partners mums house) when you get sick of her."

Well what were we meant to say?! Because of army and BM having other plans last week SD10 hasn't been here for 3 weeks. I love her, its great to see her. BUT, how hard would it have been to pick up the phone and call and ask so we could then plan a bit better. I'm already stressed to the max with life and didn't need this today. I feel like BM is manipulating and perhaps even trying to set up DH to have to say he was too busy or something, I don't know... anyway - feels good to have a rant!

smokeyquartz's picture

Thanks for the validation! Smile SD10 is going between xbox and drawing while DH studies from his laptop in the lounge room with her. They also just had a good run around the park to burn some energy! Like I said, great to have SD10 here (apart from the whole trying to study for exams thing!) but seriously not expecting a drop in mid school week when they live 4.5 hours away! The only good thing about the distance is not feeling like my life is ruled by BM all the time so I feel like my space was violated this morning but oh well. Life could be a lot worse!

No saint's picture

Lovely has it may be to have SD over, I hate that kind of surprise. Anything that messes with my plans, especially when I'm stressed out, completely ruins my disposition. Hate it!

Cocoa's picture

this is why I don't answer my door unless i'm expecting someone. and I never answer phone calls from numbers I don't recognize.

simifan's picture

BM had a bootie call and needed a babysitter. Be gratefull she lives so far away or this would happen more often.

hereiam's picture

I wouldn't have answered the door. I don't have a peephole and the window in my door is pretty high up.

She knew, with SD standing right there, that you would not turn her away. And if you did, it would look bad to SD.

ChiefGrownup's picture

BM actually said "when you get sick of her?" Right in front of the child? So at any moment whatsoever that she is returned to her bm the child automatically triggers the thought "they must be sick of me now." That is evil and hideous.