You are here

Bereaved step kids

WWOTW's picture

:jawdrop: Hi, I'm new on here and just wondered if any of you ladies have taken on step kids that have lost their mum. Been with partner for 8 years, lived together for 7 with his daughter (now 19) and son(now 15). I have two sons one at 19 and one at 24 who has now left home (thank god). His kids have never accepted me and don't think they will. Hate the way my partner does guilt parenting to his kids and mine have had to have the real parenting style. I hate the daughter and she obviously hates me, she is now back for Easter break from uni and I feel so uncomfortable with her in the house. Partner not interested in my feelings only his daughters cos she lost her mum at a young age!!!! Feels like this will be used forever to allow her to have her own way. Last summer she moved out as she couldnt stand living with me, then at xmas she caused a drama about not having a home now shes back in the fold. Just waiting for the next drama or ploy to get me and her father arguing about her. She's been a manipulative child who's grown into a manipulative and self absorbed young woman who wants everything her way. Anyone else have this situation?