You are here

Still "denying" February holiday weekend

SMof2Girls's picture

BM is now claiming she scheduled spa appointments for her and the girls (ages 6 and 7), and that the appointment can't be rescheduled because she had to pay a non-refundable deposit. Is that BS or what? I have NEVER heard of something like that, and my sister is a licensed cosmetologist, so I'm somewhat familiar with salon stuff. Not to mention I've taken the girls to these types of things before (they just get hair cuts/styles and manis/pedis), and I've never needed a deposit to make an appointment.

If I had a ton a free time, I'd be tempted to call around to salons in BM's area and find her appointment ..

Rags's picture

If the CO stipulates that holiday for your DH then drag BM's idiot ass to court for infringing on his time with his children.

Good luck.

SMof2Girls's picture

There is this little sentence in the agreement that states scheduled custody time (for either parent) cannot interfere with the child's school or previously scheduled activities (clearly intended to mean extracurriculars or organized activities; not spa appointments).

Despite being given over 60 days notice, she is claiming this is a previously scheduled activity, therefore giving her authority to deny DH's visitation.

SMof2Girls's picture

Yeah, no kidding. And apparently she thinks we were born yesterday.

asgoodasitgets's picture

Nope, never heard of a deposit for salon services. Maybe she bought a Groupon that is non-refundable? Those are pretty strict about when they can be used & a lot of spas in my area use Groupon. Not that it matters. Refundable or not, BM can't deny holiday parenting time because of a frigging spa visit.

BM here tried the exact same thing last week. Our CO changed a few weeks ago which changed our schedule. She had booked a haircut for SD "months in advance", so could we please allow her to take SD on our weekend since she didn't want to cancel the appointment? Um, no. First of all, you had 2 1/2 weeks to cancel & reschedule this appt. Secondly, SD is 5 years old with long hair. She gets it cut like once a year & it is only a straight trim across the bottom. It's not like BM is taking her to a high-end salon for a specialty cut & color. Psychos, all of them.

SMof2Girls's picture

BM has claimed that she's taking the girls to the spa to spend quality time with them before her baby is born (in April).

Idk about you, but it seems to me that a spa day isn't about quality time per say since everyone receives different services at different times .. I'm sure the girls would LOVE it. She told DH the appointment was at 3pm so her "compromise" was that he could drop them off at 1pm so they could make it in time. Why in the world should he have to compromise half of his day for her appointment?

DH's response? Girls get out of school at 3pm everyday, so it seems you should have no problem rescheduling on your own time. That's when she said it can't be moved because she's already paid a nonrefundable deposit ..

asgoodasitgets's picture

She's lying. I'd call her on it. Say you've never heard of such a thing before & ask for the name of the salon to verify that they charge deposits. If she can prove it, she gets the girls at 1 pm. If not, then she proves that she's a lying whore & DH gets the girls as planned.

Also, why does it take 2 hours to get to the salon? Why can't DH just meet her with the girls at the salon at say 2:45? This is what would make me suspicious about this story.

SMof2Girls's picture

Asking for the salon info would result in all kinds of backlash about him invading her personal life, etc etc etc. If she INSISTS on sticking to this story, then he will likely ask for it. Trouble is, I could see her intentionally calling a salon and paying a deposit even if it's not required, just to get her way. She's just THAT shady.

His default is to not engage in the lies, and just to continue to assert his intention to exercise his custody time. He's not interested in her games.

DH wouldn't agree to just drop them at the salon. She moved about an hour away, so the burden to drive all the way down there and back for her appointment on his time is just way too much for him to bear. Even if he agreed to give up a few hours, max he'd offer would be a switch at a halfway point; but since it's HER request he'd be accommodating, he'd probably make her drive all the way to him.

asgoodasitgets's picture

Yeah, I get what you're saying. I was not aware of the distance. And I agree, playing games is exactly what she wants. Your BM makes ours look an angel & ours is as crazy as the day is long. I feel for you.

simifan's picture

I'd demand proof or tell her you are adding it to the contempt charges as denial of visitation. I hope this is one of the things you demand be changed. No judge would order that.

SMof2Girls's picture

Ideally we want to do away with the holiday weekends altogether, and just let whoever has the skids that weekend keep the weekend; exceptions being major holidays (Thankgiving, Christmas, and Easter) and Father's/Mother's Day.

The agreement was set up this way to maximize DH's time with the skids considering their work schedules, but it's been nothing but a headache. DH requests his 4 weekends a year, and BM fights every single one, every single time. He has ultimately won every time except one ..

SMof2Girls's picture

Same thing DH's lawyer said. We'll already have them .. it's just a matter of keeping them and not letting them go back to BM Sunday evening.

I'm sure she'll call the police.

SMof2Girls's picture

What really sucks about the whole thing is that we know BM will eventually tell the kids about the appointments and get them excited about it. She'll do it as a way to either convince DH to let them go, or at the very least make him look bad to the kids.

Because that's what's most important to her ..

SMof2Girls's picture

That's a good idea. Luckily, the girls are now seeing a therapist as well; DH has communicated all of the issues to her so she's aware of the things the girls are exposed to.

I have this lingering hope that once she has this baby, she'll settle down a little .. if for no other reason than just not having the time to be so contrary all the time .. but that may just be wishful thinking.

EvilWickedSM's picture

This is an excellent idea. She can say all she wants that he prevented them from enjoying the spa day. He just needs to explain that he didn't prevent it, but that she scheduled it on a day that they were with him.

SMof2Girls's picture

Sad part is the kids won't see it that way .. but I agree, it's a great approach to defending himself against what she says.

Her fight fizzled out with an email saying she will bill him for the deposit if he refuses to let them go .. LOL, okay BM ..

EvilWickedSM's picture

LOL, I would personally love to see her try. That is ridiculous. I don't envy you your BM at all!

Calypso1977's picture

BM has denied my fiance so much visitation its insane.

i cant wait to see her go down in court.

Calypso1977's picture

I will!