You are here

she did it again!!!!!!!!

doglover1's picture

Well the other day SD8 was abusing my dogs..i blogged about it a couple of days ago. BF and i talked to her about it , and she is not to play with the dogs unless of one us is present. So last nite i come home from work to find my youngest golden (only 6 months old!) tied to the edge of the pool with about 4 inches of slack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got her untied and asked Sd about it. She said she forgot she did it. After some investigation I found out she (dog) had been like that for 1.2 hours. WEll I was PO'd to say the least. BF and i talked about it and i told him he needs to discuss this with her and she possibly needs counseling. I also shared with him what was said here about her acting out her aggressions. My poor pup!!! I know now she cant be around my dogs!!!

doglover1's picture

Yes she acts like a brat and a princess. Luckily its not all the time.

I have my backyard fenced in and the dogs have full run of the yard. How about i put a small fenced area for Sd rather than dogs...hehe.

bellacita's picture

i think ur SD has issues and may be unaware of what shes doing or taking her aggression out on the poor little doggie...i would be so pissed! and cru is so rite. i really hope she gets the treatmment she needs for whatever is going on.
my dog is like my child...i would be LIVID, at leats ur DH sees that somethings going on here and wants to nip it in the bud b4 it gets worse...good luck

frustratedinMA's picture

I would not allow her to be in the home unless an adult is present, considering she cant stop torturing your babies. What a f n brat. I would have tied her up for a couple of hours to see how SHE liked it.

Seriously.. I would bar her from being in the home alone. Is there an older child in your neighborhood that you could pay to babysit the little terror?!

Harleygal's picture

named Bailey. She mine and DH's "baby" since we don't have any kids together. I would be pissed if someone was treating ours that way. Bailey is the sweetest thing and she wouldn't hurt a fly. She actually smiles at us when we talk to her. She's VERY smart. She learned how to unlock the gate on her own while we were at work. We would come home and find her in the lot next door or on the front porch. She actually gets an embarrassed look when she's done something like that. DH had to fix all three gates it so she could no longer do that. Then I caught her one day trying to figure out how to open the sliding glass door. Smart little poot!

Anyway, this concerns me on a different level. Don't take this the wrong way, but a lot of people with criminal pasts (serial killers, mental issues etc..) their roots can be traced back to harming animals when they were kids. Most of these are male, but anyway. That came to mind when I read your post. Yes, definitely keep an eye on this behavior. I wonder if it could be be just plain jealousy on SD's part.

"OCD sucks"
Habit and routine have an unbelievable power to destroy.
--Henri de Lubac

bellacita's picture

thats how my boxer is too. she actually can turn the knob on a door and let herself out of a room!!! i dont know how she learned this but she picked it up! shes so spoiled too...if im sitting next to FH on the couch, she will cry and bark until i move so she cant sit w him, and she'll put her little head on his lap...she always needs to have her head on u somewhere!
gosh i love dogs...if someone did this to bella i would strangle them! i dont know if i could restrain myself.

doglover1's picture

SD is at BF sisters so she isnt alone with pups. BF picks her up after work and takes her home . So he is the one who is supposed to keep an eye on her and pups till i get home. So I kinda blame BF for not closely watching what is going on. But he has been so busy with a hugh outdoor project that is going on. ALthough this is still not acceptable and we have discussed it...see what happens.

doglover1's picture

angry..and my pups are my babies , since i have never had an children of my own. My ex H and i had a golden and he took him . So a few years later I got my own golden (her name is DD) and she is very smart! Well if you have ever had goldens they are like potatoe chips , you cant have just one. SO a few months ago i got my next one..samantha and they are the best of buddies!! So they are my BIOPUPS. Beleive me if anything happens to one of those dogs it is not going to be pretty!!!!!!!!!!

frustratedinMA's picture

Then if that is the case, I would call him several times in the span of time that those two are home alone and ask him to go manually check on the dogs while you are on the phone. If he doesnt like it.. Too freakin bad. She is PURPOSEFULLY maiming those dogs.. and they are living breathing beings.

Stay on him!!

Wicked2Three's picture

This may sound extreme, but you get one of those security cameras to hook up to your TV or computer for a semi-resoanble price these days. Focus one on your pool or wherever you think the kids will be with the dogs and get back up undenyable proof of your concerns. Then while you are not around you can also see if your concerns are being addressed.

doglover1's picture

thanks frustrated didnt think of that!! I will do that starting today . That makes me feel a whole lot better!!

frustratedinMA's picture

Good Luck!! If he complains, remind him that they are YOUR babies, and he needs to ensure their saftey!!

sarahbernheart's picture

I have two english springers that I love to death, if anyone hurt them I would be just as upset if they hurt my kids.
your BF BD sounds like she needs counseling for sure, it is a scary sign of future misdeeds.

good luck and hug those babies!!

"Better a diamond with a flaw than a pebble without one."

Lenkab's picture

She has to be made to see that animals are to be loved and respected. If she has no idea how to treat the dogs keep her away from them at all costs. My dogs come before my step kids and if they acted in this way there would be hell to pay. Keep the sniveling little brat away from your precious doggies.