You are here

SD playing games and dad believes her

Happycamper's picture

SD19 is a mini wife. She’s so jealous of both me and her mom’s boyfriend. She has tried breaking them up but her mom said I’m I want to be happy. Good for her! SD puts on an act around DH. She gives him tons of attention acts like an angel when DH is in the room but when he’s not, she refuses to speak to me. She won’t even answer me when I talk to her. This morning he was in the bathroom and she came in and said nothing. I said “good morning!”  She said nothing. I repeated it again. Good morning! Her response was “where’s my dad?” Honestly it pissed me off. She always disrespectful to me when he’s not around. I know my husband though. He thinks she’s a complete angel. I had not much to say when he came back into the room. A little later when we were getting dressed DH said “boy, you sure don’t have anything to say to “angel”.  I just let it fly out. I’m kind of pissed off with her. He asked why and I told him. First he tried to argue and say she did tell me good morning. He was in the back of the house and could have never heard it. If he heard two of them, he heard me saying it twice but I know for a fact you can’t hear back there. He then said, my daughter would never do that. Really??? She is being a little demon right now. She’s been insisting that her mom break up with her boyfriend of 4 years because she doesn’t like him. She’s jealous ! She still wants to sleep in bed with mommy and she is a mini wife to daddy. I knew it would happen but it still floors me that he didn’t believe me!!!! Why in the heck would I lie about that??? This isn’t a first. When DH isn’t in the room she refuses to answer me. I’ve just been keeping it in because I know DH thinks she does no wrong and today that fact was proven. It really sucks when the man that is supposed to be your best friend takes up for a brat jealous teenager and won’t even believe his own wife. 

Notup4it's picture

That is disgusting- why is a 19 year old so preoccupied with her parents love life?! Weird.

I wouldn’t let it bother you... just ignore the crap out of her and avoid. 

Happycamper's picture

I just wish “daddy” would see through the act. Sometimes I think he would be happier just living with her! Just this week when she was complaining about mom’s boyfriend he tells her he wouldn’t be with a woman that didn’t like his kids. Hello! More ammunition for the kid. She makes the SO not like her all the while daddy thinks she does nothing and it’s everyone else’s fault. 

Notup4it's picture

You should just start videotaping her acting like a snot.,.. make a collection and give it to DH.

sammigirl's picture

My SD57 is, and always has been, preoccupied with her parent's love life.  She is the major issue with my DH's divorce from her BM.   It's just jealousy and mini wife syndrome.  My SD57 is actually infatuated with DH.  She even slobbers over a picture of her Dad, when he was younger.  It's sick.  It's like a love affair for my SD57 and always has been, since the day she learned to talk (I trully believe this).

I know it's an issue my DH had a big part in creating, but my salvation; it is not my creation and not my problem.  All involved are narcissist, including BM. 

I have my own life and it definitely does not include my DH and his DD's relationship.  I ignore it all and am not engaged whatsoever with my SD57, or any of her immediate family.  

TrueNorth77's picture

Turns out you can stealthily tape things with your phone too....conversations, which can then be played back to DH next time he tries to accuse you of lying. My SO has done this a few times as well, regarding skids. Plain as day, SS was watching youtube at midnight one night (we have since set a wifi timer), and when I told my SO, he said, no he wasn't (he was at work), and insisted SS wasn't doing that. Really??? So I just made it up?? It's infuriating.

sammigirl's picture

Four years ago my SD57 had a major melt down.  She made the mistake of sending me a 2 page hate email.  I printed it out and handed it to DH to read.  OOPS!

This melt down was because I would never react to her.  It's a battle that brings you down to the gutter with them, therefore, I will never and have never reacted to my SD.  My civility makes her look even more toxic.

Now my DH has seen SD57's true colors.  With that said, I still stay quiet and civil.  One note:  I do not tolerate her hatred either.  I have told her and DH, if SD cannot respect me, she is not allowed to come into our home to visit her Dad.  That includes all of her family.  One incident and I show them the door immediately.   She literally hates my straight up boundaries, and I do not expect DH to have my back; that will never happen, therefore, I take charge.  I am honest and straight forward with everyone. 

SD continues to show her true colors and my DH has come a long way with it.  DH loves his daughter, that will never change.  What has changed, is we keep it out of our marriage now.  It is not fun.

Good Luck!  Merry Christmas 

CLove's picture

Record her fake self, show DH - he will of course start making excuses - the sky was blue that day, or the dog ate her homework, she had a pimple...etc so that his pweshus snowfwake doesnt look like the fake, mean-girl that she is.

Nanny cams

Liz hill's picture

Video record everything. Wait till you have some strong evidence then show hubby. Say your house you deserve respect. If she's not showo g it she's old enough to live else where.

I finally lost it when my demon sd wouldn't answer me when I said hello yo her at least 3 times when she was visiting in front of her famy and hubby. She then started abusing me. Hasn't been allowed back in our house since. It's your home.... Video get evidence.... Alot of it and show hubby. He will see it may not like it or do anything. Keep videoing, and just say ohh you might like yo llok at this and leave it at that. He will begin to see its her snd not you. I know its hard try not yo argue with hubby over her that's what she wants. Just very calmly give him all the evidence and ask him what he plans to do to support HIS WIFE..... Best of luck took hubby at least 10vyears to realise what his little angel was really like!!!!