You are here

Received the discovery request from the atty .. is this weird?

SMof2Girls's picture

One of the requests is:

"Please state in detail and with particularity your plans for seeing to the physical and emotional well being of the child on a daily basis".

How would you respond to that?

The rest of them are all document requests (mostly financial - big shocker) and related to issues/documentation that will be brought up in court. This one just seemed so out of place and sort of odd to me.

SMof2Girls's picture

Also, BM's atty called DH's atty yesterday to let her know that she's still trying to convince BM to settle and negotiate outside of court. She said that since BM is remarried and now pregnant, she thinks her judgment is clouded.

She did not mention that the discovery request was coming.

She then sent an email today asking us to wait on preparing the discovery documents for 2 weeks since she's probably filing an extension on the court date anyway.

The document request has a clear 30 day response requirement .. so we're not waiting to get prepared on the off chance she does actually follow through with what she's saying; but does this seem odd/unprofessional to you? Something about BM's attorney is just so off to me ...

Toni49's picture

I would just get the paperwork completed and wait. Short and sweet answers that are simple and straightforward. No adverbs or adjectives allowed! Hah! Blum 3 And good luck with this.

SMof2Girls's picture

LOL .. I have no clue.

I just can't see how this is a legitimate request in the discovery phase .. but maybe I'm wrong!

SanAntonioSoccerMom's picture

She likely does not want to go to court. I don't see this as odd as all. Maybe she knows the attorney, maybe she thinks BM is a loon. I don't see it as odd, she is clear she wants her client to settle.

SMof2Girls's picture

I don't think it's odd that she wants to avoid court .. I think the question is a little weird. Isn't discovery supposed to be about providing the facts and evidence for your case?

Oldmom's picture

"Please state in detail and with particularity your plans for seeing to the physical and emotional well being of the child on a daily basis".

Answer:"I intend to treat her as a normal 6 yr old girl and parent her appropriately".