You are here

Really despise DH right now

ChainSmoker's picture

I am in tears. He got me & SD the same Christmas present.  He had 12 months to think about it and couldn't come up with different gifts?  Really makes me sad that after 15 years he still just doesn't get it.   

Exjuliemccoy's picture

You need to school him so ferociously that his bum still hurts come Valentine's Day. 

Ask him if he thinks it's wise to give the same gift to a child AND the woman he sleeps with.

Either do this, or roll over and take it. Your choice.

SonOfABrisketMaker's picture

What the f*ck??  

What did he get you??

Dup

dysfunctionally_blended's picture

Wow I would be extremely pissed too!

But men can be really dumb when it comes to gifts. I make it really easy on my SO...when we are out shopping I gush over a few things I want. And they suddenly end up under the tree  :) 

Phoebe333's picture

Well, I can top that. My damn husband didn't get me anything. We have been over this so many times. Every year he tries to convince me we don't need to buy each other presents. This year, I just decided to go along with it. I bought him a package of black licorice. I know there will be no present for me. It just makes me so sad. He has tons of money. He gives his three adult daughters $300 to spend on Christmas presents for their own families. Me, nothing. Just so sad that he is such a miser. His favorite Christmas movie is A Christmas Carol, but he just doesn't get it. 

i went out and bought my own gift with my own money and gave it to DH to give to me so I would have something at the family gift exchange. I still didn't get anything. 

ChainSmoker's picture

You made me smile.  Thank you

ChainSmoker's picture

Its just a shirt & he will never see me wear iy.  I am in such a crappy mood. I don't want to go to his big family dinner and have already told him to go without me.   

susanm's picture

He got you matching shirts?  Like a school uniform or something?  Were they "buy one get one free?"  Sorry but that is just bizarre.  What does your SD think about it?  I know mine would have lost her mind on the spot at the thought of having anything remotely connected to me.    As much as I would want to kill my DH in that situation, I am pretty sure she would get to him first!

hereiam's picture

I told my DH about this and he said, "What? You do not buy the same gift for your wife, as you do your daughter, they are not equal."

Just now saw the matching shirt thing... oh my God. That thing would go straight to the donation bin.

Has your husband lost his damn mind?

ChainSmoker's picture

DD told me when I opened it....she was all like oh Dad you got one for mom too.  He has lost his mind!  I left it on my table. I may get the nerve to ask him to return it. Sucks cause I actually like it.  Him not so much. Ugggg its been a crappy 24 hours