You are here

OT...Hospital Day 5

CalgonTakeMeAway's picture

If you read my last post, you know that my sister was admitted to the hospital last Monday with a partially collapsed lung. She has Stage 4 uterine sarcoma which has spread to her lungs and bones.

She had a chest tube put in on Tuesday and her lung reinflated most of the way. They took her chest tube out yesterday and we thought she was going to be discharged today. Unfortunately, her lung is partially collapsed again. She had her first of 14 radiation treatments today, and she may have to have another chest tube inserted tomorrow.

I feel so bad for her. I hate watching her go through all this. She is the strongest person I know. She is really fighting.

The good part is that I've been at the hospital so much I haven't had to deal with step issues! Thank you all who prayed for her. All good thoughts and prayers are appreciated soooo much!!

beyond pissed-off's picture

More good thoughts coming your way! It is so hard seeing someone you love fight in such a way. I hope her spirits are staying as good as can be expected.

Again, remember to take care of yourself so that you can be strong for her. Get some sleep and eat as well as you can. You both are in my thoughts. Your sister is lucky to have you!

stepfamilyfriend's picture

I am so sorry Calgon. And yes, do remember to take care of yourself. Love and hugs

Doubletakex3's picture

Thank you for the update. I was just thinking about you two today. Love & strength coming your way.

instantfamily's picture

Oh no- this is awful! I am so, so sorry you're going through this and for your sister. Sooooo many good thoughts and hope coming your way from me. Hang in there and hang onto hope.

stepwife's picture

Hang in there honey. You're doing great and just having you by her side means the world to your sister, I'm sure. As far as not having step issues now, that's awesome! You don't need any more stress. God Bless you and your sister on this tough journey...

Kes's picture

Thank you for updating us. Your sister sounds like a real fighter. It is good you are able to be with her so much - I am sure that gives her a lot of strength.

icecubenow's picture

So sorry for your sister...and all of you. Stay strong for her!! Lots of prayers for all of you...

We all know SMs have some extra steel in their blood!!! (Just to make ya smile..)

giveitago's picture

Strength and good character seem to run in your family! I wish you both well and I hope your sister gets through this. I agree with other posters that you need to take care of YOU though, eat well, sleep and keep your positive state of mind. Kudos to you!

CalgonTakeMeAway's picture

Thank you SO SO much for all your thoughts, prayers, support and kind words. It's certainly a roller coaster, but today is a decent day. Her collapse hasn't gotten any bigger, so they're just watching it for now..no chest tube today!! We're just hanging out waiting for a few friends and family...having a football party this evening! Thank you again...a kind word goes a very long way!!!