You are here

O/T: pregnancy signs?

itsgottostop's picture

Ok. I know this is off topic but was wondering if any of you have had this same/similar experience. DH and I have been going to the fertility clinic for over a year now with no luck getting pregnant. The meds seem to be working well, I just haven't gotten pregnant. Well, we took about 3 months off before returning to the dr. To see what to try next. Turns out the dr wants to do surgery to see if there is any scar tissue or anything blocking my tubes so that is scheduled for 3 weeks from now. They put me on prometrium to make me start my period. Normally I start within 2 -3 days after the last pill but its been over a week and I have yet to start. Breasts are sore and kinda itchy, I wake up sweating in the middle of the night even though its 65 degrees in our house, and the smell of food makes me want to throw up! Could I be pregnant? They did a blood test two weeks ago before I started the prometrium but it was negative.

DaizyDuke's picture

I guess everyone's different, but the only pregnancy symptoms I ever had were the sore/swollen breasts and a "feeling" that I really can't describe.. but it was right on every time! Will they do another blood test before the other test? Are you having a hysteroselpinogram (spelling???) I had that done too prior to getting pregnant. If you aren't pregnant they do say that alot of people get pregnant quickly after having that test done. Good luck!

itsgottostop's picture

They are doing a laparoscopy. Yeah, I've heard that's its very easy to get pregnant if there is blockage and it is removed.

itsgottostop's picture

Thanks for the info! Hearing things like that makes me feel much better about having the surgery!

itsgottostop's picture

Thanks! I almost don't believe it! I'll have to get the results from a blood test to actually believe it! We've been doing fertility drugs for over a year and we have taken a 3 - 4 month break and I get pregnant when I'm not on the drugs! And just 3 weeks before my scheduled surgery!!!! Smile Smile Smile

itsgottostop's picture

Thanks everyone! I am still kind of in shock. Got two positive tests last night and going to the dr. In an hour for a blood test!