You are here

Moving FAST!

RedWingsFan's picture

WOW - from asking DH yesterday if we could turn SD's bedroom into a guest room to us putting down a deposit on a 1 bedroom apartment opening up in our complex in October today!

Moving a bit quickly? I asked him if he was 100% sure he wanted to do it. He said, it's just across the parking lot from our apt now, what's the big deal? We eventually want to move from CO to VA (next year hopefully) and it'll save us $200 a month in rent alone.

So if SD14 ever decides she wants to come for visits, she can sleep on the couch. I already asked my daughter if she'd mind not having her own room when she comes next summer (she stays for 2 mos) and she said "mom, I usually sleep on your couch anyway, so heck, if it'll save you guys that much money, do it!" I love having her support!

We drop off the deposit today and our move in date is October 20. If all goes well, we'll be moving to VA by October of next year!

YAY! I'm happy Smile

RedWingsFan's picture

Thanks! It sure feels good knowing that SD14 isn't going to be causing us stress anymore and moving into a place allowing us to save quite a bit of money is REALLY great!

RedWingsFan's picture

Yeah, she's never really known what that means since her mother caters to her every whim and she used dad so long...we'll see how it goes over if she EVER contacts him again