You are here

Medical Insurance Hell

hopefulSM's picture

I cover SD10 on my insurance. I work for the state and have amazing health and dental insurance. It costs absolutely no additional money to have SD on my insurance plan and I also cover all 4 of my children and DH and myself. I have covered SD for over 4 years. I have always had, well call it Clinic "A", as our designated primary care clinic. Out of all the clinic's in town the ones in this network of clinics is in the best category for my insurance - so we get the lowest deductible and copays. BM has been taking SD to this exact same clinic since she was born, so no problems with her having to switch clinics or anything like that. We have had no problems with anything, other than the fact that BM has all bills sent directly to us and refuses to ever pay one penny of copays or deductibles expenses. But whatever.

Well BM always has to find a way to get at us and find a way to get more money out of DH (I suppose to make him pay for not ever marry her and leaving her). Her new thing is that she wants to take SD to Clinic "B" - the one she started working for last year. This clinic has a higher deductible and copay than clinic A - the one SD has went to since BIRTH and which we have as our primary care clinic. We told BM that we would not switch it because it was a higher cost and we get the bill anyways.

So what does BM do, takes SD to clinic B anyways. My insurance refuses to pay for ANY of the bills. DH has a talk with BM about it. BM says it would all be fine if *I* would just switch the clinics. DH says if BM doesn't like SHE can carry the insurance. BM refuses, saying she would have to pay more to cover SD on her insurance. DH says to BM that THEY will have to cover the bill (which is so much now that we will have to make monthly payments on it) and that she will HAVE to help pay her CO % of medical toward this bill because we simply do NOT have the money for this - keep in mind we have FOUR other kids, two of who are one year old and younger so we have some costs. BM has ONLY SD and won't even buy her sunscreen - tells SD to get some from our house.

BM freaks out about how she can't pay ANYTHING towards the bill and shouldn't have to. Besides, she doesn't even get a bill from them so SHE isn't responsible and that *I* NEED to change the PCC. BIG F'N B****. I'm sorry, but I just have to get that out.

So I said, I will ONLY change the PCC if she changes the bill to go to her, she pays the extra expense of the deductible and copay or she can just get SD on her insurance and have any PCC she wants or she can just take her to Clinic A and keep her on my insurance and keep doing it the way we have for the past FOUR years and SD going to the same place she has her WHOLE life. however, I'm worried that she would change the bill to her name, but then as soon as I change the PCC she will change it back and not pay any of the extra expense. And I worry if I don't change the PCC she will continue to take her to the other clinic and my insurance will pay nothing.

DH doesn't want to go to court because he has had two significant pay raises since we last were in court and is worried what the outcome will be. I'm SOOOOOO sick of this money hungry, drama causing B***H!!!!!!