You are here

Looking for houses

stepmom2011's picture

Since I have lived apart from DH and SD for a few months, we are looking for a place for me to live. Alone. We looked at a place today. It has a bigger home and a carriage house. I would live in the small house and rent the big one. DH's idea to make sure I have income because I have a disability that limits my work schedule. I have a feeling that he intends to move in with me, and bring SD with. I called him out on it and he said, no... not unless you want us there. WHAT?! SD has been battering me for years while you did nothing to protect me. You think I will want her there? Unbelievable!

My standard of living is not as lofty as his. I have been living on a shoestring budget my whole life. I am good at it. He has been "keeping up with the Jones's" and didn't realize it till just recently. The house we looked at was just fine! It was old, with new windows and roof, updated electric, all appliances included, washer and dryer. It has a furnace and ductwork but no central air. That's not a big deal to put in central air if the ductwork is already in place! But he thinks the neighborhood isn't suitable. The house is priced accordingly. We won't find another with two homes on one lot at this price. I love this house. He won't even discuss it. Because HE wouldn't "slum it" and live there. Good people live there! People with families and lives! Just because they aren't rich doesn't mean they aren't good people! I am so sick of his uppity attitude. But because he is buying the house for me, I have no say.

Is this how it's going to be because I took a stand against violence from SD and left? It sure feels like he is punishing me.