You are here

LOL! Entitlement at it's best

Missing_Me's picture

Thought that I would give everyone a reason to laugh! My SD4 is sitting in the living room with me and I turned cartoons on for her, and her response was NOT thank you. It was
"you should get cable in my room, I really need this in my room" It took me a minute or two to regain composer, I was shocked. This child does have a few cartoon cable channels in her room, but thinks she should have a digital cable box! I simply let her know that she can talk to her dear ole' daddy about that one..

Give me, give me, I want, I want! Now! Now! Boy this child is in trouble when she hits the real world!

Butterflykissesandlicks's picture

Wow. Sounds like a clone of my SD6. They catch on quick, do they not? How about saying, "Since you do not like what is in your room, we will just get rid of it all."

milknosugar's picture

What's wrong with a laugh and a no. It's still ok to say no. I was a bit of a guilty Mother - Codependant. I remember thinking that if I said no the child wouldn't love me. I never actually thought that but you know.

Then one day she wanted to put her hand over the gas stove top while it was on. She was so upset and had a big tantrum that I said no. It was a big eye opener. No is ok.

Saying yes to please so they will love you is about the most selfish self centered thing. I see that about myself now. I was trying to get my own children to meet my needs and didn't care how it would affect them in the long run. Blech. I don't do that any more. I hope your SO won't.