You are here

Just venting

Emereldess's picture

I left work Friday evening and drove five hours north to my best friend's place - SO knew I was going, but I didn't tell the skids.

SD18 began texting me, when I was about an hour out of my best friend's, informing me that she separated the horses and that the ones she penned up needed a round bale that night.  I didn't bother to answer, as I was still driving, and SD18 texted me another seven times, all "?????" waiting for me to answer.

The weekend was great with my best friend.  We went ice fishing, and drank green beer later that evening, and I river danced with her brother like a drunken fool.  I had so much fun, and relaxed so much.  Even my muscles felt better.  

Yesterday I returned home.  SO and I had not bothered texting one another all weekend.  I assumed nothing too serious took place.

But upon walking in the door to my home, SO greeted me immediately, not with "Welcome home Hunny, I missed ya!" but rather, "Have you seen SD18?  She's outside somewhere with her umpteen friends.  Oh, they ate us out of everything last night, we need groceries today.  They maxed out the internet too - we hit the 100% on friday night, so SD18's pretty bitchy about that - think you could look into getting a better plan with more data?  And, something else happened, um, SS13 had a pretty nasty mess in his bed this morning - he got into the pot and booze with the retards last night.  He cleaned all his own bedding though, so you don't have to worry about it.  And, did you not tell SD18 where you were going this weekend?  She flipped out on me because she couldn't get ahold of you..."

I hadn't even set my bags down.  I hadn't even enjoyed the sight of my own home after two days away from it.

I just looked at him and mumbled that I was so happy I was gone all weekend.  But as I unloaded my belongings, my blood pressure went way up and I just became so angry I couldn't breathe.  I began crying in our room, by myself.  

We took SS15 home, despite my protest that both SS's should go home (SD18 over went my call on it and told SO that SHE would take SS13 home later ((why, so you guys can get him high/drunk again before he goes back to BM's??)) and spent some time at a mutual friend's house before grabbing some groceries and heading home.

When we walked in the door, I finally let SO have it, and I didn't care if SD18 and her retard were home to hear it or not (and they were home, but I think they may have been asleep, or else faking they were asleep).  I've never screamed at him like I did last night, but I blasted him for being a failure and a deadbeat, and trying to play friend rather than father to his kids.  I told him I want SD18 and retard OUT of MY house NOW or I'M OUT and I told him I am calling for help to move my things and animals today.  He asked me for a time frame, or deadline of some sort - and I said end of this month.  He broke down and admitted fearing for both of our safety and I just told him to grow a pair and tell them to get lost.  I told him if he fears for his safety that much, then speak with the police first and have them on call.

This argument went from last night, all through the night and into this morning.  As I left for work, he mumbled to me that he is going to go to the police station this morning.  I don't believe him, so I'm filling my car with moving boxes this afternoon before I head home.

I'm done with SD18 and if I NEVER see her again it will still be too soon.

Rags's picture

You have taken the actions of love while your SO has not. You are an independent person capable of standing on your own. He isn't.  So never again settle for someone who is not capable of being your equity life partner.

Enjoy this new phase of your life's adventure.  Focus on the energy and excitement of the future rather than the pain of the past.

Good luck and take care of you.