You are here

What if I kick SD18 out?

Emereldess's picture

During SD18's big temper tantrum blowout on my birthday, when she threw a fit after I had been too "abusive" by locking her out of her phone for skipping school and then shutting internet off for further escalation of attitude (I pay both bills - I felt this was within my right) she declared that she would not take me seriously anymore now that she is an adult, and I am not much older than she is (9 years older).  She told ME to pack MY things and get the f**k out of HER house.  SO didn't back me up - he just yelled back and forth with her until she was "tired" of yelling, and walked away from a fight which accomplished nothing other than SO instructing me to re-instate cell phone and internet service so that she would stop b!tching...

I spoke with the therapist at the domestic abuse shelter again, and she offered me some food for thought - What if I just make the decision on my own?  What if I confront SD18 and her bf, and tell them they have 24 hours to remove themselves from MY home, where they are no longer welcome after the amount of physical, financial and emotional abuse they have put SO and I through, and just have the police involved?  BM is strictly NOT allowed to access our property without SO's approval as according to the finalized divorce agreement, so if she comes storming over as I suspect she will, and berates/assaults me as I expect she will, the police will already be on-call and ready to arrest her for breaching conditions, and they can help me remove these kids.

SO won't argue with anyone - not even me.  I'm sure he may harbor some resentment with me for awhile if I do do something like this...  But his only reasoning with me previously on why he won't back me up and kick the kids out, is because of his fear of theirs and BM's reactions.  I've been the scapegoat every other time...  I just wonder if it would really make a difference if I was the scapegoat again this time, and I took the b!tch tag for kicking these poor souls out and leaving them to feed and pay for themselves...

This all said, I don't know if I feel like it.  I don't know if the relationship, plus all the baggage and abuse that I have had to endure over the years, is worth considering the idea at all.  I'm still actively searching for a home to buy for myself, and though I'm about to give up farming and life in the country with SO, I feel like taking a break from the stress of farming, and this life with this damaged family period, is still more worth investing my energy into, than fighting more with the skids.

Just wondering thoughts/opinions from others?  Has anyone had to kick a skid out before, and did it turn violent/emotionally abusive for them, or did it actually have any sort of positive outcome?

fairyo's picture

Sorry I wrote a long answer to this but dleted it by mistake. Yes, SS lived here a while and had to go- about 18 months later he tookan overdose and almost died. Was it our fault for kicking him out? No. 

He has made some bad choices and his life is screwed up but I would not have him back here. 

Rags's picture

the hell spawn and her F-buddy have to go and go NOW!  IMHO.

Have them frog marched off of your property in handcuffs if necessary.  Once they are gone you will be in a far better place to decide on the logevity of the relationship with the sire of this POS kid. 

If BM violates the PO then bring the consequences to bear as painfully as you can.  POS people like this understand very little but abject misery is something that registers in ther pea sized brains. So bring the pain and don't feel bad about delivering the consequences they have earned with their chosen behaviors.

Take care of you. Quit tolerating and enabling this crap.