You are here

I hate being a stepmom sometimes

EvilWickedSM's picture

Had a blow-up with DH this morning.

A little petty, the reason, but pretty much about the broad area of SD thinking she can do whatever she pleases and screw everyone else.

Couple months ago we went through the linen closet outside the main level bathroom, which is the one the kids use, as well as where we store all of our household personal hygiene stuff, nail polish, etc, and the kids store their personal hygiene stuff. We had it all organized, SD’s and DD’s stuff on one shared shelf and every other shelf full of household stuff. I get in there the other day for something and see that SD, I guess the last time she was there, moved DD’s stuff off of the shelf and piled it randomly on other shelves, and had her stuff all spread out on the one shelf. So, I moved everything back to where it was.

SD stayed last night. I go upstairs to tidy up like I do every morning and notice that SD left her make-up, hair stuff, etc on the vanity. Oh well, daddy will have to clean up after her I guess. Then I get in the closet to get a hair tie for DD and see that SD had moved all of the stuff again, and spread her stuff out again. I moved it all back. I told DH, who was in the kitchen, that she needed to stop moving everyone’s stuff and that I wasn’t going to have her come in and pile our stuff up so that she can take up space with empty baskets, or baskets with one item in them, etc. He told me well, you had her stuff all piled up in the corner. Uhm, no, I had it where she originally helped me put it when we cleaned out the closet!!! He told me he wasn’t going to have me pushing her out of the house!!! I said that I wasn’t doing that but I also wasn’t going to have someone that visits maybe four times a month shove the people who actually live there and use the stuff in the closet to the side. Especially not when there was ample room for her to begin with.

On top of it, there have been multiple times that SD has complained when DD has her TV on in the morning and the door open, because princess can hear it. So, DD doesn’t do that anymore, after we asked her not to. I go upstairs this morning and SD is in the bathroom getting ready with her bedroom door open and radio blaring, while DD is in the room across the hall asleep. This is something she’s been repeatedly asked not to do. But, I forgot, everything is about her. How dare I.

TooOldForThis11's picture

I don't have any words of wisdom for you, but I do understand. I feel your pain. I hate being a stepmom too. Sad

Willow2010's picture

What we did at our house was give every kid a shower caddy. They kept their own stuff in it and carried it from their room to the bathroom as needed. That way, no one used the others stuff and no one had to share space.

Just a thought.

Willow2010's picture

You can find them real cheap at the dollar store. You may need more than one for each kid. Depends on how high maintenance they are. lol

lillfiredog's picture

I hate it too! Shower caddy is a good idea. Knowing my home, it would be on the floor emptied like toddlers got a hold of it... Nope, they are 17 and 18 SS! Trashers of my home! FML

wckdpple100's picture

My SD shares a bathroom with SS which is constantly messy but they can live in their own mess as long as they are not messing up my bathroom. We started to have issues like that but the skids are around full time so I had to do something about it. They sometimes complain to the BM that the house is messy LOL. They only places that are messy are the places that they dwell. I keep telling the BF to keep on them about cleaning up but to no avail (sigh). It is truly a tough job being a SM. I would not do it again if I had to do all over.

Jessica_Strickland's picture

I hate being a step mom too. I hate having to do everything and in return getting no respect or gratitude for everything that I do for the little brat.

Fedupstepmom2013's picture

Ughhh!!! I am so fed up!! I feel your pain... This job sucks and sadly I would have never signed up for it if I would have known it would be this freaking bad...

Sadie-TheCleaningLady's picture

((((HUGS))))) It's all the little petty things that amount up to 1 big bitch of an issue. Sorry no grand words of wisdom, just a simple I know how you feel.